Pollok v Talbot

Talbot Bing

It's the sort of match people treat as their "one Junior game a season" so it would be nice if they felt engaged enough by what happens to return. The same could be said about all the cup games this weekend of course but this is a showpiece. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lok have Rangers and Queens Park within a 3 mile radius and every alternative activity a big City provides but still have a fantastic loyal support in the face of this and with no village or community backing whatsoever.They are the only City club with a big support left sadly.

Lok have Rangers and Queens Park within a 3 mile radius and every alternative activity a big City provides but still have a fantastic loyal support in the face of this and with no village or community backing whatsoever.They are the only City club with a big support left sadly.

I've heard a lot of people from the southside who watch Pollok if Rangers aren't playing it aren't at home. Heard the story too that when Thirds went defunct many of them went to support Pollok. Not taking anything away from the support btw every time I've been to Newlandsfield it has been a massive crowd and even when Pollok have visited ourselves there's a fair amount of travelling supporters

A prime location but if you walk 500 yards to Shawlands Cross you will be lucky to find anyone who knows where Newlandsfield is.Identity becomes submerged in a big City melting pot.Getting to the junior cup final last season was met by total apathy by local businesses and there was nothing in any shopfronts to show any support unlike the whole of the village of Beith bedecked in flags etc.

2 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

A prime location but if you walk 500 yards to Shawlands Cross you will be lucky to find anyone who knows where Newlandsfield is.Identity becomes submerged in a big City melting pot.Getting to the junior cup final last season was met by total apathy by local businesses and there was nothing in any shopfronts to show any support unlike the whole of the village of Beith bedecked in flags etc.

It's a shame really the local area never really decked out for the final as that was a big factor on the day for me in Beith seeing everything black n white for the day.

17 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Agree Kenny-we have a great support week in week out but no community behind it except being local football fans from the greater south side area.

It's so weird mate as I would love beith to play In front of say 400/500 every home game like pollok  but JEEZO that footage of our team bus approaching the local mount area pre cup final and our fans lining the streets still almost  reduces me to tears . :) . 

It was a great moment with the whole town lining the streets cheering our favourites off . :) 

I know-we are lucky with the regular big support but there is no huge community backing when we reach the Scottish final.Because there is no community.We just draw fans from all over the massive area that is the south side who want an alternative to Television football or the Old Firm poison many Glaswegian football fans have grown to detest.

I know-we are lucky with the regular big support but there is no huge community backing when we reach the Scottish final.Because there is no community.We just draw fans from all over the massive area that is the south side who want an alternative to Television football or the Old Firm poison many Glaswegian football fans have grown to detest.

Pollok have got the fanbase but they are an unusual mixed bunch imo.

Some are the hardcore who never miss a game and plough their hard earned cash into the team. Some are Fair Weather and some are the artyfarty type who think it's trendy to watch them rather than follow the big two.

Might be off the mark though

I suppose in a City environment there are likely to be those with many differing perspectives.Dont think there are many Fairweather fans bearing in mind the average gate was the highest I am certain of any junior club in Scotland even when the team was relegated 2 seasons ago.A load of die hards who are always there.Trendies I'm not convinced-just Glaswegians who can't stand the Old Firm and want a football alternative-leaving the Old Firm to be supported by Glory Hunters from all sorts of villages and towns miles away from Glasgow who should be supporting their own local sides!

I suppose in a City environment there are likely to be those with many differing perspectives.Dont think there are many Fairweather fans bearing in mind the average gate was the highest I am certain of any junior club in Scotland even when the team was relegated 2 seasons ago.A load of die hards who are always there.Trendies I'm not convinced-just Glaswegians who can't stand the Old Firm and want a football alternative-leaving the Old Firm to be supported by Glory Hunters from all sorts of villages and towns miles away from Glasgow who should be supporting their own local sides!

Aye you could be right might be my Ayrshure bias with the fanbase thing. Definitely a different sort of fan to ours though but totally agree with your last comment.

I suppose most folk want to see the big teams that'll never change.

Archived