Saints v County 19/11/16

I'm quite happy. Granted he scored, but that team but with Cikos in for McEveley is our best team (although Boomer for KVdW would be a shout too). As long as Woods doesn't saunter into the team again at some point we could be looking at a turnaround.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's also nice to score from corners two games in a row. I notice Martin Woods hasn't played for two games in a row, and therefore hasn't been taking all of the corners for the two games in a row. I wonder if there's anything in that, two games in a row?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Pretty much going as expected tbh.

Imagine the biggest talking point will be TWs innovative 4-0-2 formation

Bullshit, he's stolen that formation from Jim.

Bullshit, he's stolen that formation from Jim.

Fair enough. I doubt you'll ever mind a more negative, paceless "midfield" than this one though

Started fine. First 20 minutes we're moving the ball well enough and getting into some decent positions without creating anything clear cut. Then, as has become our habit this season, we throw one in from a set piece (which itself came from switching off at a free kick seconds earlier). The second goal is worse. A completely free header for Routis when we should have been organised early.

The shape is all wrong and Wotherspoon has to go off at half time for Kane with Swanson going back to the left.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair enough. I doubt you'll ever mind a more negative, paceless "midfield" than this one though

Ian McShane & Martin Woods. It's no competition - sadly, much like the majority of our games have been this season.

Started fine. First 20 minutes we're moving the ball well enough and getting into some decent positions without creating anything clear cut. Then, as has become our habit this season, we throw one in from a set piece (which itself came from switching off at a free kick seconds earlier). The second goal is worse. A completely free header for Routis when we should have been organised early.

The shape is all wrong and Wotherspoon has to go off at half time for Kane with Swanson going back to the left.

You know, as we all do, that Alston will always be off the pitch before Wotherspoon

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You know, as we all do, that Alston will always be off the pitch before Wotherspoon

How is Alston? I really rated him at Falkirk and was impressed by your signing of him. Haven't really heard much about him for Saints tho?

Don't know if Shaughnessy was subbied for injury, but he hasn't done anywhere near enough as a centre half this season.  He lets strikers back into him and bully him, just trying to stick a foot in round the corner in a half-hearted way.  It's a factor in Steven Anderson getting exposed a few times having to throw himself into challenges whilst Joe just easy-osies his way through it all.

and now our final subby is the keeper...

Can I retract this?

Wotherspoon in the centre FFS

I dunno how to feel about this. What if we've used up all our goals rations for the next month in one afternoon?

On the other hand, if this is the start of a proper turnaround that'd be swell.

Archived