Saints v County 19/11/16

Too many bad omens surrounding this for me. Opposition bottom of league? On a shocker of a run? Beaten them away already this season? Immediately after an international break? All signs we're about to chuck in a shocker.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Too many bad omens surrounding this for me. Opposition bottom of league? On a shocker of a run? Beaten them away already this season? Immediately after an international break? All signs we're about to chuck in a shocker.

We've also had our manager talking about cutting out mistakes and a player talking about how our manager deserves a chance at a bigger club.

Its fairly obvious we're losing tomorrow tbh.

Being reported everywhere the Davidson is out for this one.

Clark

Foster - Anderson - Joe - Easton

Alston - Paton - Craig - Swanson

MacLean - Kane

Will likely be the way we set up.

Although I'd see a benefit to starting Cummins due to the conditions.

I worry Swanson will disappear with the shite pitches, similar to MOH.

Hopefully when Jim Duffy takes charge he can solve that problem

I can only recall one win at McDiarmid Park in recent years for County, a scrappy 1-0 that I think I watched on the telly.  I've personally been 7 times and seen two draws and five defeats. Not normally one for reading in to trends like that but Saints seem to have had our number for a long time. They were outstanding earlier in the season at Victoria Park. 

I'm not confident. 

Tommy Wright has been in The Courier saying Paton has been a great signing for us. Am I the only one who thinks he's awful?

I think he's been amongst our two or three best players on the last couple of occasions I've seen him. Obviously he has limitations, but he doesn't pretend to be anything that he's not.

When I first saw Paton, I hated him and thought he wouldn't last long at Saints but he's improved and I thought a lot of what Tommy Wright said in his interview rang true, especially regarding him getting about the pitch and playing at a tempo.

I doubt he'll ever offer as much as a fit Millar but one of the pertinent points of the interview was Wright's reference to him not even missing a day of training yet. We unfortunately need to move away from having Millar as such an influential player (not saying he shouldn't play when available) as you can't rely heavily on a guy who you can't guarantee will be fit.

Patons bang average. He's a good squad player in the same way Scobbie is, but I'd be disappointed if he became a first choice player in the middle for a full season.

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I don't mind that County team.  Cikos in for McEveley would be our strongest team, I reckon, if everyone was fit.

I don't disagree but I need to see more from Chow before I'm ready to play him every week. 

Archived