New Kilbirnie manager?

GB65

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard your in for 

Just now, fan of the juniors said:

Hughie is a winner pure & simple . Would be surprised if he applies for the job but if it was me choosing I would be down at his door begging for him to lead us

Yes get him in without a check book you,ll be in the ADL in 2 seasons.

Kilbirnie need to decide what their ambitions are for the longer term rather than the here and now and then use that as the basis of criteria for getting their next management team in. Their supporters (only based on what I`ve read on here) have made it clear that they expect more than just retaining their Super League status and winning a trophy as a measure of success. So do they expect to be serious challengers for the Super League? At least a trophy per season and an extended cup run? What would the new manager have to do to be considered a success? 

After last season where we finished 3rd despite losing 3 games in a row including 1 against cannon fodder Medda after being cruelly denied a quarter final replay we all fully expected to kick on & mount a challenge this season especially as for the 1st time in a while we had kept the majority of what we felt was a really good squad. For 1 reason or another this hasn't happened despite winning our 1st trophy in 6 years . In the 70s & 80s we were 1 of the top sides in the country & despite 2 consecutive relegations under George Wa**er & a poor last season under Tommy Bryce we have been a premier side . But this season now has to be geared towards retaining our premier status & then seeing where we are then in my humble opinion. But in the long run yes I feel we have to be back up challenging year in year out again . Our neighbours over the loch are the dominant team in the valley just now if that there is no doubt . But I would argue the fact with any of them that we are a bigger club in terms of fan base , history etc

Why would you challenge year in year out when you haven't challenged in any year of the super league?

Would say last year we challenged . Our heads went down after losing to yourselves where we lost 3 games in a row & finished 5 points off top spot . We want to be doing that every year.

10 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

After last season where we finished 3rd despite losing 3 games in a row including 1 against cannon fodder Medda after being cruelly denied a quarter final replay we all fully expected to kick on & mount a challenge this season especially as for the 1st time in a while we had kept the majority of what we felt was a really good squad. For 1 reason or another this hasn't happened despite winning our 1st trophy in 6 years . In the 70s & 80s we were 1 of the top sides in the country & despite 2 consecutive relegations under George Wa**er & a poor last season under Tommy Bryce we have been a premier side . But this season now has to be geared towards retaining our premier status & then seeing where we are then in my humble opinion. But in the long run yes I feel we have to be back up challenging year in year out again . Our neighbours over the loch are the dominant team in the valley just now if that there is no doubt . But I would argue the fact with any of them that we are a bigger club in terms of fan base , history etc

Football tends to be cyclical and your performance last season and thus far this season looks as though you`ve improved on the previous years.As it stands it doesn`t look as though you have the right mix/quality to produce consistency to the level required to challenge consistently but referring back to your halcyon days circa 25 years ago isn`t a good basis for setting targets for any new manager. The Junior game has changed and so has the environment that it`s played in. 

Football tends to be cyclical and your performance last season and thus far this season looks as though you`ve improved on the previous years.As it stands it doesn`t look as though you have the right mix/quality to produce consistency to the level required to challenge consistently but referring back to your halcyon days circa 25 years ago isn`t a good basis for setting targets for any new manager. The Junior game has changed and so has the environment that it`s played in. 

Totally agree . But you asked what our expectations are & I answered . Other Blasties might have a different opinion but that's mine

Would say last year we challenged . Our heads went down after losing to yourselves where we lost 3 games in a row & finished 5 points off top spot . We want to be doing that every year.

Not disputing you want to be up near the top every year, but it does seem unrealistic expectations based on your history since the merger of the leagues.

I would love Pollok to be winning the league every other year like we did at the start but realistically we have fell behind quite a few clubs at the minute and are still a bit off that. It's a long game to get back up there and maybe we will never again have the success we had. My expectations are now in line with that and I think most Pollok fans are. So baffles me that You would have such high expectations for what a new manager should achieve when you just won your first trophy for years this season.

Not disputing you want to be up near the top every year, but it does seem unrealistic expectations based on your history since the merger of the leagues.

I would love Pollok to be winning the league every other year like we did at the start but realistically we have fell behind quite a few clubs at the minute and are still a bit off that. It's a long game to get back up there and maybe we will never again have the success we had. My expectations are now in line with that and I think most Pollok fans are. So baffles me that You would have such high expectations for what a new manager should achieve when you just won your first trophy for years this season.

Was asked my opinion of expectations & where I want us to be . Others might see it different . That's what makes this game what it is

14 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

well said sir

Archived