Stirling Albion vs Arbroath

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an end to the game, absolutely brilliant by everyone in a red shirt. Although Dickson will, quite rightly, pick up the plaudits I thought everyone played their part in picking up the point.

I honestly don't think we did much wrong throughout the match. Individual errors and good skill cost us and to be fair Doris & Kadar done well for their goals but over all I thought we played well and a point was fair.

I think today, Mackay probably realised how big a job he has on his hands, sure, you can't fault the players for effort and disire, but some of them just don't have it.

I thought Robertson looked good at Left Back and did his chances of getting a new contract no harm at all. I was surprised Hodge was the man to be taken off, but actually, the moved made Angus Beith stand up and take a little bit of ownership in the middle of the park and show his qualities.

it was really pleasing to see the team line up as 4-4-2 for the second half. Young Kavanagh was full of energy when he came on and played a hand in turning the game around, as did Ross McGeachie.

I still think this squad need major surgery to bag a Play Off spot but there were plenty of positives today. No place for Moses again, nor Verlaque or McCue, will be interesting to see what their futures hold.

Last word has to go to the Arbroath Goalkeeper Gomes, he looks to be some find and actually, it could be argued he bagged Arbroath the point with some top class saves in the last 15 minutes or so but thankfully for us, Sean Dickson managed to find a way past him....twice.

Ricky can f**k off tiday. Stupid foul when on a yellow

It was blatant as well, which was just daft.

Oh, is Rab Douglas a part of the Arbroath backroom staff?? Saw Dick Campbell chatting away to him and his partner in reception before kick off and just wondered what he was up to these days.

It was blatant as well, which was just daft.

Oh, is Rab Douglas a part of the Arbroath backroom staff?? Saw Dick Campbell chatting away to him and his partner in reception before kick off and just wondered what he was up to these days.

3rd choice keeper / Arbroath coach

Fair result in the end. Some great saves from Ricky to keep us in the game.

Ricky Little had to go, but didn't deserve the first yellow.

Not sure why the Albion goal scorer felt it necessary to run to the Arbroath fans after his goal. Childish.

It felt like a defeat, but an away point is fine in the circumstances.

the keyboard warrior returns scared of his own teams players for a square go tell u what mate have the balls and meet our no 10 and say it to him night night u total bottle merchant

What you slabbering on about?

Felt the game was a draw on balance. Don't think the ref had any choice about the sending off. Arbroath goalkeeper was excellent. A lot of passengers on Bino side but I thought Beith was excellent. I have nothing against Doris - He was one of the few who put in a shift most weeks in his time at Stirling.

Having seen the reception Ferns got I'd be surprised if he has a future at the club. I assume this is to do with the social media issues.

Having seen the reception Ferns got I'd be surprised if he has a future at the club. I assume this is to do with the social media issues.

Genuine question but was it really that bad? I heard a few shouts and a bit of angry noise, but didn't think it was bad. Although I will admit, sometimes when you are sitting amongst it, you don't realise how much is being said compared to when you are further away.

7 minutes ago, BoingBoing said:

To be fair to Ferns his form has shaded since the start of the season when he looked like we had a good player, might be the best thing to do is to drop him for next week and replace him with either Calum Morrison or Moses if fit. The issues with the social media have not helped but as I have said maybe a spell on the sidelines might do him good.

1 minute ago, Big lichtie said:

so your man dicksions score 2 today the same guy that totally ripped your club on social media wanting corrighan to stay etc. have you no pride in your club or just cant look in the mirror

He apologied you nonce.

1 minute ago, Big lichtie said:

so your man dicksions score 2 today the same guy that totally ripped your club on social media wanting corrighan to stay etc. have you no pride in your club or just cant look in the mirror

I`m quite sure the Board and the new Manager have made it clear to those involved in the social media postings that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated in the future. Regarding Dickson what a cracker of a goal today, well worth it for goals like that.

Archived