Stirling Albion vs Arbroath

Here's hoping we pick up where we left off yesterday afternoon and get another win, I'd go for the team that started the second half. Bit harsh on Prunty but Doris changed the game. Last 20 mins yesterday were unbelievable and we look like going on a right good run just now.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time I'll have seen the team under mackay, so not sure what to expect.

I've watched the highlights from yesterdays game and I thought we looked alot more energetic than normal, but we have to work on our defending. If we do that I'll be confident of a win

Stirling 2-1 Arbroath :angel

Think the highlights of Stirlings game show that their defence is their to get at. Hopefully Bobby Linn plays like he done yesterday again..

I'd also go Doris because he done so well when he came on and he's against his old team at their place.

Fancy us to win too. Don't think we will get beat anyway. Confident in the guys now, only 1 loss in 12 league games.

Hope I've not jinxed it... [emoji51]

Looking forward to the match on Saturday, will be interesting to see how much (if at all) Mackay and Forsyth can change things with a couple of training sessions under their belts.

Arbroath are my favourites for the league, and they tore our Defence to shreds earlier in the season, so I'm not holding my breath that we will take anything from the game.

Our results have improved over the past month or so, but that says more about the teams we have faced than ourselves. Going on the Elgin highlights, Saturday looked like a real turning point for us (and Blair Henderson) so let's keep our fingers crossed that it's for real and not just another false dawn.

It should be a lively match with both teams finding form. 

Doris looked really energised on Saturday, so should definitely start against his former employers.

We have plenty of options on the bench. Skelly, a real prospect now and very effective against a tiring defence.

Doris looked really energised on Saturday, so should definitely start against his former employers.

Must admit I worry about Doris. When he's up for it then he's a pest at this level and is as good as anyone at finding space and at least creating a chance.

I liked him when he was at Forthbank, but he was probably here at the wrong time sadly. Hope he has one of those "off days" where nothing really falls for him, for our sakes haha.

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think the highlights of Stirlings game show that their defence is their to get at. Hopefully Bobby Linn plays like he done yesterday again..

I'd also go Doris because he done so well when he came on and he's against his old team at their place.

Fancy us to win too. Don't think we will get beat anyway. Confident in the guys now, only 1 loss in 12 league games.

Hope I've not jinxed it... emoji51.png

Feel free to jinx away.

It's time we started to pick up points at home, we have won more games away from home this season than at home in the League, so This Saturday we need to start getting wins at home if we are to start the push for the playoffs and nothing would be better than getting the 3 points against an Arbroath side coming off an easy win over Clyde.

If we can tighten up at the back and not give away sloppy goals like the 2nd goal against Elgin then I fancy our chances to pick up the 3 points.

Can Dave MacKay win his first game at home as Manager I hope so. Played a bit better in the 2nd half against Elgin and we need that sort of performance throughout the 90 mins if we are to get the 3 points.

Prediction Albion 2 Arbroath 1. [emoji106]

Archived