John Gemmell

megaspinnernet2

2 hours ago, johnrosscargill7 said:

I watched John last night and I can only say from what I seen he's a grafter & he scored an absolute beauty goal from the half way line. 

I am delighted with the signing as he's came with a great reputation and if he can get rid of the hot head I'm sure we'll see it as a great replacement for Gribben.

The management seem really happy with him so I don't think it was a panic buy at all.

He looked very useful last night, a huge big guy and strong but good movement as well.

His goal from halfway was an excellent bit of vision, but it shouldn't have counted because of the foul that the referee didn't give immediately before it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

He looked very useful last night, a huge big guy and strong but good movement as well.

His goal from halfway was an excellent bit of vision, but it shouldn't have counted because of the foul that the referee didn't give immediately before it.

Sometimes you got to take the good with the bad - it did count and unfortunately you didn't get the fool. 
He worked very well on and off the ball - your number 20 trying to pick on a wee 17 year old and then John giving him a wee tackle afterwards showed how hard he worked - was a struggle for Arthurlie fitness wise as you had 20 odd players and we had 12 lol 

Was a good game though. 

50 minutes ago, johnrosscargill7 said:

Sometimes you got to take the good with the bad - it did count and unfortunately you didn't get the fool. 
He worked very well on and off the ball - your number 20 trying to pick on a wee 17 year old and then John giving him a wee tackle afterwards showed how hard he worked - was a struggle for Arthurlie fitness wise as you had 20 odd players and we had 12 lol 

Was a good game though. 

I wondered what was going on with our no.20 (Ryan Docherty), it was all happening on the far side of the pitch in front of your guys and we couldn't really see other then Doc taking a couple of hefty ones and then reacting a bit. It all seemed to calm down very quickly though.

I noticed Arthurlie only had three subs named and one of them was Chris Mackie, and you had to use one of your subs early as Gair picked up an injury. That showed late in the game as we had fresher legs and brought on the players who had been playing regularly instead of the players who started the game who haven't been featuring of late (eight changes from Saturday's team). Your defence did well to hold out as we created lots of chances, but couldn't get past Nugent, and when we did the ball was headed off the line.

It was a good run-out for both teams.

41 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I wondered what was going on with our no.20 (Ryan Docherty), it was all happening on the far side of the pitch in front of your guys and we couldn't really see other then Doc taking a couple of hefty ones and then reacting a bit. It all seemed to calm down very quickly though.

I noticed Arthurlie only had three subs named and one of them was Chris Mackie, and you had to use one of your subs early as Gair picked up an injury. That showed late in the game as we had fresher legs and brought on the players who had been playing regularly instead of the players who started the game who haven't been featuring of late (eight changes from Saturday's team). Your defence did well to hold out as we created lots of chances, but couldn't get past Nugent, and when we did the ball was headed off the line.

It was a good run-out for both teams.

it was a really good game - first half was like a bounce training game. was good for us to get opened up a bit and test the keeper he done really well. he hasn't played since may or something. 

Arthurlie needed that game though - couple of trialists where really impressive.

3 hours ago, johnrosscargill7 said:

it was a really good game - first half was like a bounce training game. was good for us to get opened up a bit and test the keeper he done really well. he hasn't played since may or something. 

Arthurlie needed that game though - couple of trialists where really impressive.

know the name of the trialists 

I had the names of the Arthurlie trialists from the team sheets, but I didn't use them as Arthurlie had them marked as trialists.

Glencairn had a couple of trialists playing as well, and we didn't use their names in the report either.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I had the names of the Arthurlie trialists from the team sheets, but I didn't use them as Arthurlie had them marked as trialists.

Glencairn had a couple of trialists playing as well, and we didn't use their names in the report either.

I don't think it would be useful to anyone who has been playing as a trialist - especially when they are coming through Arthurlies youth academy for someone to entice the fella away to go play somewhere else. 

plus brandishing 17 year old's names about a forum isn't relevant lol

Archived