Paintings

Bold Rover

My own personal favourites are the Dutch/Flemish especially both Breugals and Bosch.

There is some excellent stuff on here which I will need to investigate.

I am rubbish at art but my wife is very good at painting. Biggys stuff is very good imo.

Re. modern art , there was a programme on tv years ago when they put some large canvasses on a wall , left some buckets of paint lying about and let loose some elephants who used their trunks to spray paint all over the canvasses.

The resulting " paintings " were hung in a gallery and a whole bunch of critics were invited. Champagne , canapés,the works . They were seriously discussing the works of what they had been led to believe was a new artist.

When the big reveal came at the end they were absolutely raging!

Lad I follow on Facebook got back into painting after ongoing issues with being in the Bradford Fire. 

He is a city fan but also comes up for Hearts games. He does stadium portraits which is also the name of his website. 

He was up at East End Park and is selling prints for a disabled lift. 

FB_IMG_1479033453285.jpg

FB_IMG_1479033381751.jpg

FB_IMG_1479033377232.jpg

I'm not sure if @Shandon Par's missus would want these though :P

13 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Do you sell them Biggie? Being from Montrose, I really like the basin view.
What size is it & did you paint it in situ or from photo / memory?

I've sold one, quite recently £50. The basin one is quite big 1.5m x 1m its on the wall in the living room I had to fix it to the wall and paint it there as it was too big for the easel, I paint them from photos, if you want one done drop me a pm. I'm quite surprised people like them, thought I would get a power of abuse on here.:lol:

8 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

My own personal favourites are the Dutch/Flemish especially both Breugals and Bosch.

There is some excellent stuff on here which I will need to investigate.

I am rubbish at art but my wife is very good at painting. Biggys stuff is very good imo.

Re. modern art , there was a programme on tv years ago when they put some large canvasses on a wall , left some buckets of paint lying about and let loose some elephants who used their trunks to spray paint all over the canvasses.

The resulting " paintings " were hung in a gallery and a whole bunch of critics were invited. Champagne , canapés,the works . They were seriously discussing the works of what they had been led to believe was a new artist.

When the big reveal came at the end they were absolutely raging!

I've not seen it but I think there was a documentary a few years back where one of Penn and Teller used a technique to copy masters' paintings and I think they fooled a bunch of critics into thinking their knock-off Vermeer was genuine.

Also, Scottish National Gallery is pretty well stocked if you like your Flemish stuff.

I still prefer the Christ of St John on the Cross but Dali's Crucifixion from 3 years later is a very interesting piece. He likes to fuse differing trains of thought. In this case Religion and Mathematics. 

download.jpg

Edited by jagfox99

24 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I've sold one, quite recently £50. The basin one is quite big 1.5m x 1m its on the wall in the living room I had to fix it to the wall and paint it there as it was too big for the easel, I paint them from photos, if you want one done drop me a pm. I'm quite surprised people like them, thought I would get a power of abuse on here.:lol:

As I said I'm rubbish at art but I am into photography. We do similar, I take a photo and my wife will paint it.

Works well

I'd certainly be interested, I think they are very good, difficult to see the details (on my phone) but is the basin one from the Rossie Island / Ferryden side?

2 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

I'd certainly be interested, I think they are very good, difficult to see the details (on my phone) but is the basin one from the Rossie Island / Ferryden side?

Not sure, will need to ask the Mrs when she gets in, (she's from Ferryden).

I still prefer the Christ of St John on the Cross but Dali's Crucifixion from 3 years later is a very interesting piece. He likes to fuse differing trains of thought. In this case Religion and Mathematics. 

download.jpg

My gran used to have a small print of St John of Christ on the cross on the bedside cabinet in her spare room which I found alarming as a young lad when I slept in that room.

As an aside, I did shag a bird at my grans bit, so you wouldn't know her.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Coconut to the first person who can identify what's going on here in this painting in my kitchen...

IMG_0814.JPG

Is it Di Ross playing kerrplunk whilst singing Where Did Our Love Go??

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Lady of Onion (Unknown)

ea1aa8cdec2c9e61351181a24394ea57.jpg

This one brings tears to my eyes!

Grimbo 

5 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

What's her name? I probably know her, most women from from Ferryden are known as Mrs Bigmouth, so you'll need to narrow it down a bit! ;-)

:lol: She moved away from the dump about 30 years ago.