Paintings

Bold Rover

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Really impressive work from Princess Par.

Based on Edvard Munch's "The Scream", izzit ?

😱

They were studying some photographer who used yellow filters and heavy shading in his pics and some artist who did close ups of teeth/snarling faces etc and it was a mash-up of the styles. 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/02/2021 at 01:58, Shandon Par said:

Par Jr does these wee freehand finger pics on her phone. Better than my efforts on MS Paint anyway.

It’s downright scary what some youth can do on phones and tablets these days…I had Jr Tx do a caricature of one of the cats as JoJo Rabbit, from the movie…

image.jpeg.985dd1ad0816248d155a309069d71389.jpeg

Diego On My Mind by Frida Kahlo. Painted 1943, oil on masonite. This is being used by the Art Gallery of South Australia to promote the Frida &:Diego: Love Revolution exhibition later this year. Tickets bought.

1AA6BF1A-CB85-4B0B-B0D8-E833AC4D1975.jpeg

16 hours ago, Eednud said:

Diego On My Mind by Frida Kahlo. Painted 1943, oil on masonite. This is being used by the Art Gallery of South Australia to promote the Frida &:Diego: Love Revolution exhibition later this year. Tickets bought.

1AA6BF1A-CB85-4B0B-B0D8-E833AC4D1975.jpeg

She used to drink in the Tay Bridge Bar you know 

• 4 months later...

Went to the Frida & Diego: Love Revolution exhibition at the Art Gallery of South Australia this afternoon. Didn’t take many pics but this is a Frida Kahlo self portrait “Me And my Doll” from 1937. The other is small part of a Diego Rivera mural “Dream Of A Sunday Afternoon In Alameda Park”

IMG_9598.jpeg

IMG_9599.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Visited the Art Gallery of South Australia to revisit the Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera exhibition before it closes tomorrow. This is from the Gallery’s main collection. It’s called “The Four Seasons” by Hugh Ramsay who was born in Glasgow in 1877 although his family moved to Melbourne in 1878. He died from TB in 1906. One of his brothers founded Kiwi Boot Polish.

IMG_9805.jpeg