Airdrie v Brechin 12th Nov

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Strange that .  He never mentions Airdrie either. 

Obviously he wouldn't!

His stats confirm that all his successful seasons have been in the 3rd and 4th tier of Scottish football and in fairness they are very good. As madness alluded to, his Airdrie stint at tier 2 was too much for his pea sized heart!

14 hours ago, weigh cider said:

You his best buddy then??? Or do I smell the brown stuff.

He actually did one of the "Pele podcast " interviews .  This basically gives an indication where he has been happiest .  Airdrie doesn't seem to be a happy time for him.  Perhaps the crowd were too hostile !  

Other than that he chats away with the fans at presentation nights and sometimes in hospitality after games.  Maybe if you tried to be less hostile you might get to know a bit about people too. 

16 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Obviously he wouldn't!

His stats confirm that all his successful seasons have been in the 3rd and 4th tier of Scottish football and in fairness they are very good. As madness alluded to, his Airdrie stint at tier 2 was too much for his pea sized heart!

Surely you are not blaming Trouten for Airdrie's slide into the lower reaches ?  I believe Brechin City played a big part in that one. ;)  

Correct me if I'm wrong but was captain fantastic not playing for you at that time as well ?  Maybe more than Trouts had a lack of heart  as you put it. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Surely you are not blaming Trouten for Airdrie's slide into the lower reaches ?  I believe Brechin City played a big part in that one. ;)  

Correct me if I'm wrong but was captain fantastic not playing for you at that time as well ?  Maybe more than Trouts had a lack of heart  as you put it. 

I was only speaking about Trouten but put whatever spin you want on it.

Trouten's problem was that he didn't have a position, particularly within a 4-4-2 which most teamd at this level over the last decade played. Offers nowhere near enough on the right of a 4 man midfield, and not a striker. Probably at his best in a more central advanced position with no defensive duties but very few clubs could allow for a player like that within their system. Particularly when you are a poor team in a higher league like we were when he was with us.

6 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

He actually did one of the "Pele podcast " interviews .  This basically gives an indication where he has been happiest .  Airdrie doesn't seem to be a happy time for him.  Perhaps the crowd were too hostile !  

Other than that he chats away with the fans at presentation nights and sometimes in hospitality after games.  Maybe if you tried to be less hostile you might get to know a bit about people too. 

Is that what passes for hostile up Brechin way - petal? You're a delicate wee flower aren't you!!!

3 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Trouten's problem was that he didn't have a position, particularly within a 4-4-2 which most teamd at this level over the last decade played. Offers nowhere near enough on the right of a 4 man midfield, and not a striker. Probably at his best in a more central advanced position with no defensive duties but very few clubs could allow for a player like that within their system. Particularly when you are a poor team in a higher league like we were when he was with us.

I would put that down to a bad signing by the manager who obviously had a system in mind . If Trouten had no place in that system why was he signed ?  It was the same when he went to Ayr. Their fans had the same gripe.  If you don't play a player in their favoured position then odds on they are going to lose confidence and  fail.  It's not a difficult concept to follow. But then again if it gives the fans a scapegoat it takes some of the attention  off the manager's mistakes  I suppose . 

17 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I would put that down to a bad signing by the manager who obviously had a system in mind . If Trouten had no place in that system why was he signed ?  It was the same when he went to Ayr. Their fans had the same gripe.  If you don't play a player in their favoured position then odds on they are going to lose confidence and  fail.  It's not a difficult concept to follow. But then again if it gives the fans a scapegoat it takes some of the attention  off the manager's mistakes  I suppose . 

Trouten was bang average. Played in a poor team with zero confidence. He can take the blame for his own performances, which at times were very poor, but he can't take the blame for the entire team. To suggest he was a scapegoat is hyperbole. To suggest there was some sort of Machiavellian plot to make him the scapegoat and break his confidence is not only mental, it over estimates the intelligence of our former manager.

Have a word with yourself mate. You're obviously passionate about your team, which is fine, but your starting to sound like you w**k into the mirror wearing a Charlie King mask.....

26 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Trouten was bang average. Played in a poor team with zero confidence. He can take the blame for his own performances, which at times were very poor, but he can't take the blame for the entire team. To suggest he was a scapegoat is hyperbole. To suggest there was some sort of Machiavellian plot to make him the scapegoat and break his confidence is not only mental, it over estimates the intelligence of our former manager.

Have a word with yourself mate. You're obviously passionate about your team, which is fine, but your starting to sound like you w**k into the mirror wearing a Charlie King mask.....

Jeez , Sorry for having an opinion .  Just offering an alternative sometimes less serious  take on things .  I thought we were meant to be the sensitive bunch ?? :lol:

Archived