Talbot v Beith

kenny131

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much silly bile on here from the supporters of two great clubs.

Since the 1970s Talbot have made their ground intimidating in the right way for opposition players and officials. They press both hard and try and sweep them along at their pace. In 40 years of visiting Beechwood I've learned that you need players who will put their foot on the ball in midfield and and you need a couple of wise heads who will keep the ref from being swept along. If Whitey kicks you then of course you make the most of it. He is doing what Slavin and many others did before them.

Talbot based their system on the 1976-80 Liverpool teams and have pretty much stuck with that. It's worked well for them. Big teams should not complain or explain. You are all supporting two of the best so enjoy it.

I'm sick of keyboard warriors trying to belittle beiths achievements unlike kilwinning in late 90s early 00s medda and hurlford more recent we don't spend outwith our means have a great committee a very good manager and at end of the day we are scottish cup holders everybody in here knows Auchinleck are the benchmark but they don't like it when teams challenge them

See to be honest I couldn't give a flying toss for this we did...they did pish. The game finished 1-1 it was great  entertainment and it will be forgotten about by next week. The season is in its infancy there is a long way to go so lets put this shit to rest. Cheers. By the way can somebody start a thread "Great Super First journeys 2017/18" so Fan of the Juniors has something to talk about!

I was sitting in amongst some Talbot supporters at the Junior cup final who were almost (not quite) as pleased for Beith as I was - good people as are 99% of junior supporters !

Good luck for Saturday would love to see the two of us in the final come next May.

p.s If that were to happen QL and I could have a bragging rights thread as too who was travelling the furthest to support their team

See to be honest I couldn't give a flying toss for this we did...they did pish. The game finished 1-1 it was great  entertainment and it will be forgotten about by next week. The season is in its infancy there is a long way to go so lets put this shit to rest. Cheers. By the way can somebody start a thread "Great Super First journeys 2017/18" so Fan of the Juniors has something to talk about!

Av got loads to talk about old bean. 3 Ladeside related threads on here just now [emoji106][emoji106][emoji23][emoji23]

16 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

I think winning the west of scotland  cup , the super premier league title ; the ayrshire cup and the scottish cup all in a 7 year span suggests that we have arrived ; all about opinions though and I will respect yours though along with you respecting mines . :) 

Decent record, the West is still a good one, but is not the trophy it once was, the Ayrshire is always nice to win, but the league and the Scottish are the majors. Or even better to really make a statement, the double, West and League is a nice one also. Beith won the league deservedly so, but found it difficult the following season, because, amongst other things, you became the team to beat. Don't get me wrong, Beith seem to be handling it so far, but every team that plays them will have an extra spring in their feet  until the end of the season, Talbot empathise with this, and can usually handle it. Also, the Senior Scottish can be draining and Beith are fighting on a lot of fronts.

I know I'm not alone as a Talbot fan when I say "very well done to Beith" for what you've achieved recently, and it's very well merited. I wish we were playing Morton this week but it's not to be because you did us over. Having won the Super League for the last four seasons it's genuinely exciting at the top of the table now with four teams in the mix at the moment - and long may that be the case. If we were to keep on winning it year after year after year it would soon become monotonous.

Superb game on Saturday and a great advert for our grade. Hope we pump you next time around in the title deciding game!

Not one supporter has belittled what success you've had.
Your all to busy bragging about it to notice anything else.
Come back at the end of the season when the trophies are dished out.
Good luck.[emoji6][emoji106]

I think beiths record in 2016 speaks for itself and when u get to end of November and lost only 1 of 19 games and playing food football and having scored 64 goals it's not bragging its fact that we are one of best teams in the super league and we just enjoying it compared to this time last year when we had just been embarrassed by a poor meadow team this is best squad ever at bellsdale to go to Talbot with 2 of regular back 4 out and come away with a point against an ever improving Talbot team who are quite rightly favourites to win the league shows the mentality in the team not bad for a team relegated a short time ago

Archived