Next QotS Manager

Barry smith would do well with better resources than ours i'd say.

I see he was manager of Aldershot last season after his stints in Scotland with Dundee and Alloa.

Four hundred league appearances with the Dee in 11 seasons. I used to work with his sister at Paisley University Library.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see he was manager of Aldershot last season after his stints in Scotland with Dundee and Alloa.

Four hundred league appearances with the Dee in 11 seasons. I used to work with his sister at Paisley University Library.

Good guy, he wasnt sacked either he just moved on.

Signed the likes of liam bucannan for us which was a great signing for us.

Barry Smith working and living in Dundee at present

Would have to move house if he gets it that was the problem with GS the miles 

Barry Ferguson a bit different he live Hamilton area 

Am not a big BF fan but I think he would do a job 

One thing for sure 100% Gus Mc no chance of getting it 

What about Jimmy Nicholl !!!

I would give Barry Ferguson the Job but he must be able to bring in experienced no2 to assist him (that could be the problem tho) a young man wanting to progress in management with lots of contacts and experience at a high level of football behind him, sure he played with Dobbie at Blackpool too.

3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I would give Barry Ferguson the Job but he must be able to bring in experienced no2 to assist him (that could be the problem tho) a young man wanting to progress in management with lots of contacts and experience at a high level of football behind him, sure he played with Dobbie at Blackpool too.

Bob 'FTP' Malcolm is Barry's assistant at Clyde and, IIRC, he had a big bust up with Dobbie at Blackpool.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2607943/Blackpool-sub-Stephen-Dobbie-attacked-coach-fans-throw-tennis-balls-pitch-bizarre-protest-Burnley-derby-mayhem.html

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Don't want Bob Malcom to come need an experienced No2, Jammy nichol or someone thats got experience, leave malcom to manage Clyde!

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Barry Ferguson has done absolutely nothing to merit getting a job at a higher level.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Why does Barry Ferguson even get linked with bigger jobs?

He's had one of the biggest budgets in that leage for years and failed to gain promotion. He's achieved absolutely nothing.

Our budget is consistently one of the lowest in the league.

Thing is our we an attractive club to manage. By that I mean we have a relatively small budget in the league and small home support. I don't think we can attract an experienced manager and have to chance our arm on up and coming guys with limited experience. Whoever is the next manager I wish them luck

10 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I would give Barry Ferguson the Job but he must be able to bring in experienced no2 to assist him

I would give Barry Ferguson the Job

Barry Ferguson

thunderbird 6 animated GIF

1 minute ago, Chris_DK said:

Our budget is consistently one of the lowest in the league.

Really? The fact you cherry picked guys like McNiff, McNeil, Lowdon, Flynn and Easton from divisional rivals wouldn't point to that being accurate.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Really? The fact you cherry picked guys like McNiff, McNeil, Lowdon, Flynn and Easton from divisional rivals wouldn't point to that being accurate.

We have 17 senior players and there is no doubt Barry's influence is the major factor in them joining us. Even if we had a bigger budget the above players wouldn't have joined if we had a lower profile manager.

Are you fucking serious? The guy should be nowhere near it.

Archived