The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

He doesn't have to pick a woman either if the polls continue to move in his favour. Nobody that cares about the gender of the VP is going to stay at home, they've already outright stated they're a captive audience.

I believe he’s firmly tied his colours to the mast on that one, though.  Reneging on that would probably disengage a substantial number of the left of the party, who are holding their nose to vote for him as it.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

He doesn't have to pick a woman either if the polls continue to move in his favour. Nobody that cares about the gender of the VP is going to stay at home, they've already outright stated they're a captive audience.

He's already destroyed Me Too and the credibility of the faux woke who are happy to overlook his role in police militarization and mass incarceration. It would break liberals if he doesn't chose a black woman, that's literally the only positive case they can make for him. 

The biggest pick would be HRC. That would be total chaos. 

37 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I believe he’s firmly tied his colours to the mast on that one, though.  Reneging on that would probably disengage a substantial number of the left of the party, who are holding their nose to vote for him as it.

36 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He's already destroyed Me Too and the credibility of the faux woke who are happy to overlook his role in police militarization and mass incarceration. It would break liberals if he doesn't chose a black woman, that's literally the only positive case they can make for him. 

The biggest pick would be HRC. That would be total chaos. 

It would sap the motivation for that base to campaign for him but they'll still vote for him as they've stated repeatedly. He has little reason to accommodate them if they feel a better candidate comes along. I do think it'll be a woman though and aye the biggest banter option is Hilldog.

ETA: Imagine he offered it to someone like Nikki Haley. I'd be injecting the op-eds into my arteries for my weeks.

Edited by NotThePars

Susan Rice looks the most likely candidate to me. Samantha Power if they go for a YT.

It's a difficult pick. They need someone non white who white voters will be comfortable with jumping into the main role. It obviously needs to be someone with gravitas but at the same time the people around Biden probably want someone who they hope they can control for a while.

19 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Leaving aside the whole not knowing what structural racism is and how you go about reversing it, when was the last time a president or vice president candidate got the nod because of their credentials? What are the credentials anyway?

Presumably you think they just pluck a name out of a hat?

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Leaving aside the whole not knowing what structural racism is and how you go about reversing it, when was the last time a president or vice president candidate got the nod because of their credentials? What are the credentials anyway?

Easy to forget that there have been some corking VPs and VP candidates over the years. Still amazes me that Sarah Palin got the nod from the GOP. Like if the Tories ran with Kirstene Hair as Chancellor, and built their campaign around her. Which is something I very much hope I live to see.

I understand that the primary consideration when choosing a running mate is the likelihood that they'll stay in their creche, play with the toys they're given, keep their mouth shut, and look less intelligent than the guy they're standing next to. Worth bearing in mind when thinking about who Biden's team are likely to go with.

55 minutes ago, supermik said:

Quite surprised that Michelle Obama has not really threw her hat into the political ring. She seemed to be pretty popular amongst a lot of Americans when she was First Lady. 

I know nothing about the woman other than her choice of spouse, but some would argue that, in itself, her reluctance to get involved in this makes her more likely to be a decent human being.

1 hour ago, supermik said:

Quite surprised that Michelle Obama has not really threw her hat into the political ring. She seemed to be pretty popular amongst a lot of Americans when she was First Lady. 

She's a black woman.

The democrats need to get as many votes from ex-Trump voters. The only way to do that is by putting an old, white man up for election.

18 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Never understand how its almost like a fight to not get selected as VP given you're getting a handsome salary to do nothing. Sounds ace to me.

If they're in that position, it's because they're rampant egotists, and it must be very difficult for them to accept that their nomination is a tacit admission that they're only considered likely to end up in the Big Job if the other guy carks it.

36 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I know nothing about the woman other than her choice of spouse, but some would argue that, in itself, her reluctance to get involved in this makes her more likely to be a decent human being.

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

She's a black woman.

The democrats need to get as many votes from ex-Trump voters. The only way to do that is by putting an old, white man up for election.

Wasn’t really meaning about her going for VP job, just about her maybe trying out for a seat in the senate and perhaps getting a position in whatever the American equivalent of our cabinet of shadow cabinet is called.

11 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Proof positive they're looking in the wrong places for candidates.

You have to wonder what's going on in the background with the Biden choice. Presumably there are frantic negotiations and backstabbing going on between the Democratic Party and anyone who could plausibly pass for female.

Hilary's the obvious choice for entertainment, but she doesn't pass any of the above criteria. I wonder if we'll end up with someone wildly left field.

3 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Higher than normal chance he will expire or be otherwise incapacitated before he's done so I guess just folk quietly fighting to get the nod more ferociously than usual.

Can't help but think he's going to pick an absolute fucking roaster and bring Trump back into the race again.

Dunno why she sprang to mind, but is Jenny McCarthy a Democrat?

38 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Jenny McCarthy would be a magnificent president.

It's fun to imagine how different people would perform given that kind of responsibility.

I'm guessing the US would be quarantined within the year, with President Anderson inaugurated soon after.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

Haha legit was going to say Pamela Anderson would unironically be great too.

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when you're subject to extraordinary rendition by PETA, you meat-eating monster.