The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Beginning to think Trump either knows he's going to lose or wants to make sure of it, and is trying for his last bit of revenge against Obama before leaving office, getting rid of the Affordable Care Act in the middle of a pandemic and economic crisis.

If Trump has his way with Obamacare, the ranks of the uninsured would more than double in Michigan and Pennsylvania. Florida would probably see a jump in uninsured by two-thirds. As for Wisconsin and Texas, the figure would swell by one-third. 

Trump administration asks Supreme Court to strike down Obamacare

Edited by welshbairn

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Don't give him any ideas, ffs...

He's casually threatened it a few times, although I don't think he's ever been brave enough to use the phrase, "I will give the order to use nuclear weapons against your nation and murder millions of your civilians", so he can pretend he was referring to conventional forces or whatever.

He was banging on about the need for the US to make more nukes a while back, as apparently having enough of the things to end all life on Earth isn't quite enough. The moon might get uppity and need sorting out.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Beginning to think Trump either knows he's going to lose or wants to make sure of it, and is trying for his last bit of revenge against Obama before leaving office, getting rid of the Affordable Care Act in the middle of a pandemic and economic crisis.

Trump administration asks Supreme Court to strike down Obamacare

He does seem like the "if I'm going down, I'm taking you all with me" type.

Hitler ranting in his bunker about being failed by the German people, as the noose draws ever tighter.

Hitler ranting in his bunker about being failed by the German people, as the noose draws ever tighter.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the US equivalent of 'the men in grey suits' is mobilising to shuffle Trump off the stage and shoe-horn in an alternative Republican candidate ahead of the Presidential election. And before anyone quotes the US Constitution or electoral law, etc., remember; this is the land where power is everything and anything is possible.

13 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the US equivalent of 'the men in grey suits' is mobilising to shuffle Trump off the stage and shoe-horn in an alternative Republican candidate ahead of the Presidential election. And before anyone quotes the US Constitution or electoral law, etc., remember; this is the land where power is everything and anything is possible.

Anyone quoting the US constitution hasn't been paying attention.

That's a document that the proles are expected to respect; nobody else.

7 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
8 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Too late for that, the Trump warmonger/moron/racist wing has taken over whatever was left of the GOP.  Republicans at this point have to choose between leaving the party or tacitly supporting Trumpist populism.  This is what people mean when the damage Trump is doing will take years to undo.  

if there was somebody to do it, it’d be Mitch McConnell.  And he’s shown he’s quite happy to let money walk over his “conservatism”.

8 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

There is nothing stopping independents from standing for election. In theory it would be easy for a group of Republicans who are anti Trump to stand a candidate. He has not yet been formally nominated by the GOP but he is a near unanimous nomination. 

Any anti Trump vote will likely go to the Libertarian Party candidates. 

9 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
9 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Got a wee bet on Nikki Haley. Think it would have to be health grounds, the GOP are too chicken to shift him aside.

Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/russia-afghanistan-bounties.html

The Trump administration has been deliberating for months about what to do about a stunning intelligence assessment.

Is there any moronic soul still alive who maintains that Clinton would have been worse?

15 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Why would Clinton being in charge have changed that story about bounties?

She wouldn't have decimated and alienated the intelligence community.   But yes, I agree.  Russia is gonna Russia, whoever the president is.

I caught a clip yesterday showing a room full of people telling Trump that  the whole economic side of things will be back to where it should be real soon - and telling him it's all thanks to him.

Can't help but winder how many of these folk will turn on him once he's gone?

The Pence and Fauci press conference thing yesterday was weird - and from comments on Twitter, folk are turning on Fauci.

I caught a clip yesterday showing a room full of people telling Trump that  the whole economic side of things will be back to where it should be real soon - and telling him it's all thanks to him.
The Pence and Fauci press conference thing yesterday was weird - and from comments on Twitter, folk are turning on Fauci.
There are gonna be so many 'reveal all' books released once he's gone. Everyone will try and claim they were the good guy trying their best to keep him on the right path.

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

It tells you an awful lot that Fauci and Birx were allowed to speak in front of a national audience.  It’s been months since they were given that amount of airtime.  Things not going well in the south, health wise.

Edited by Savage Henry

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It tells you an awful lot that Fauci and Birx were allowed to speak in front of a national audience.  It’s been months since they were given that amount of airtime.  Things not going well in the south, health wise.

They can always try some of  Reverend Jim Bakker's snake oil  

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/11/814550474/missouri-sues-televangelist-jim-bakker-for-selling-fake-coronavirus-cure

13 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I don't think that would stop this happening tbh

She might have tried a bit of carrot and stick to modify behaviour though. All the Russians get from Trump is "Do what you want, not bothered." while he tries to block their gas exports to Germany and offers no conditional movement on sanctions. You know, old fashioned diplomatic haggling to get what you want. With Trump there doesn't seem to be any kind of strategy whatsoever, no deterrent for bad  behaviour, no reward for good. 

Edited by welshbairn