The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump is already flagging up the ‘scandal’ of voter fraud with the help of his friends from Fox News.

This will be his excuse for refusing to accept the result of the election.

There will be no conventional handover.

The same Trump that tried to vote illegally in Florida? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/president-trump-tried-to-register-to-vote-in-florida-using-an-out-of-state-address/2020/06/03/687d0014-a4f2-11ea-b473-04905b1af82b_story.html

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Promising.  Trump’s at 41% approval in a time of national crisis.  

Here’s hoping Biden bothers his arse to actually campaign there, then.

I thought you didn't want Trump to win

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Biden will be 78 once the election commences.

82 at the end of his first term.

Even if he is mentally 100% - He'll surely only be a one term President if he were to win. Kamala Harris odds on favourite to be his running mate. She could easily be the first woman president at this rate.

Always think its interesting that being VP is often thought of as being on a pathway to being the next president. Seems incredibly rare; only Bush Senior in living memory has been elected POTUS after being VP.

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Biden will be 78 once the election commences.

82 at the end of his first term.

Even if he is mentally 100% - He'll surely only be a one term President if he were to win. Kamala Harris odds on favourite to be his running mate. She could easily be the first woman president at this rate.

Surely Biden has the sense to pick Harris as his running mate to further galvanize the black vote on the back of the George Floyd murder and The Black Lives Matter movement being re-energized? She isn't ideal, what with her prosecutor's background, but she has to be better and more appealing than Klobuchar?

34 minutes ago, Arabdownunder said:

Always think its interesting that being VP is often thought of as being on a pathway to being the next president. Seems incredibly rare; only Bush Senior in living memory has been elected POTUS after being VP.

Reagan and Bush absolutely detested each other, and Reagan apparently spent much of the 60s and 70s dismissing Bush as mentally challenged. Being selected as a presidential running mate seems to imply you're considered a bit of a thicko, but one who has somehow established some level of support - you only have to look at some of the people selected over the years to see the 'useful idiot' hypothesis at work. As you say, it's probably a bad move for someone with genuine presidential ambitions to agree to VP considering that you're generally saddled with your serving president's reputation, and most folk are ready for a change by the time they're out of office.

Edit: apparently Reagan, Bush, and Dole had established themselves as the Big Beasts of the Republican Party by the time selection for the 1980 election came around, which might explain why Bush is the outlier VP who managed to get himself elected.

I had a great Time Magazine CD-ROM back in the day, if anyone's wondering which arse I'm pulling all this shit from.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Reagan and Bush absolutely detested each other, and Reagan apparently spent much of the 60s and 70s dismissing Bush as mentally challenged. Being selected as a presidential running mate seems to imply you're considered a bit of a thicko, but one who has somehow established some level of support - you only have to look at some of the people selected over the years to see the 'useful idiot' hypothesis at work.

The mutual hatred between their wives most likely was part of it as well.

Typical trump the old boy instead of being an upstanding member of various religious groups,affordable housing etc,will now be outed on right wing tv as some sort of antifa nutjob 

The old recist orange changing the conversation again 

Trump now retweeting himself from only 45 minutes ago. Hasn't he got some work to do?

ETA: Clearly not. Watching TV and tweeting about the ridiculous conspiracy theories far right websites blog about.

Edited by RiG

55 minutes ago, RiG said:

Trump now retweeting himself from only 45 minutes ago. Hasn't he got some work to do?

ETA: Clearly not. Watching TV and tweeting about the ridiculous conspiracy theories far right websites blog about.

That’s genuinely something Infowars or Zerohedge would suggest.  I have no idea what OANN is like, but it appears that Fox is finally leaning too far to the left for Trumpy boy.

Edit: a string of Republican senators have chosen today to not look at any social media whatsoever.  “I did not see the tweet, and I am late for lunch”, the old grey bloke says at 10.45am.

Edited by Savage Henry

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s genuinely something Infowars or Zerohedge would suggest.  I have no idea what OANN is like, but it appears that Fox is finally leaning too far to the left for Trumpy boy.

OANN is basically a far right version of Fox News and we all know what Fox News has been like.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Edit: a string of Republican senators have chosen today to not look at any social media whatsoever.  “I did not see the tweet, and I am late for lunch”, the old grey bloke says at 10.45am.

Looks like it could be Trumpy's plan for his post presidency media empire. Seem to get their tips from Qanon, and have full Whitehouse access.

This is behind a paywall unfortunately, but the second one isn't.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-allies-explore-buyout-of-conservative-news-channel-one-america-news-network-11578696767

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/trumps-favorite-tv-network-post-parody/611353/

5 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Aye, funny. I know. It's just more nonsense from Trump. 

GHW Bush campaign manager Rick Wilson seems unimpressed- 

Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson) Tweeted:
Which one of your batshit loon followers gave you this crown jewel of absolute dumbfuckery? 

Honestly, I really want to know.