Jump to content
banana

The Official President Trump thread

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

Sanders is like one of those permacrocked players who gets better the less he plays. He couldn't motivate enough democrats to vote for him in 2016 or 2020. He'd have lost handily to Trump both times. That's why Trump would rather face him than Biden.

Who to believe, a St Johnstone fan or a series of opinion polls then and now?  It’s a real dilemma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Who to believe, a St Johnstone fan or a series of opinion polls then and now?  It’s a real dilemma.

You don't have to believe me, as Sanders isn't getting the nod because he failed to get the votes again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

You don't have to believe me, as Sanders isn't getting the nod because he failed to get the votes again.

This has nothing to do with your assertion that Sanders wouldn’t have won against Trump.

You obviously aren’t even aware of what you’re posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dems blew up their own primaries, neutered multiple candidates behind the scenes and killed organisers to stop Bernie lol. I’m not saying Biden wouldn’t have won in the end but to deny reality is something else. Biden was dead in the water until Obama made some phone calls and that was after whatever the f**k happened in Iowa and before they put a gun to Bernie’s head with continuing the primary votes in person.

 

 

Nobody actually believes that Trump is scared to face Biden either. That has nothing to do with whether he’s the likelier to win as its 50/50 atm and Covid has given the Dems the best opportunity to win in November that it could ask for but even the party realises the lame duck they’ve chosen given they’ve hid him away somewhere so people don’t see him clipping through the floor and rambling about the Portuguese who lived in his neighbourhood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This has nothing to do with your assertion that Sanders wouldn’t have won against Trump.

You obviously aren’t even aware of what you’re posting.

The opinion polls also had Clinton battering  Trump at the time. Opinion polls 6 months before the election are pretty much meaningless. The Corbyn = socialism narrative would have been nothing next to the scares the US media would have whipped up if it got to the point they thought Bernie might actually have a shot.

This isn't a comment on his politics, as he's clearly closer to what we consider normal and humane versus the US political establishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

The opinion polls also had Clinton battering  Trump at the time. Opinion polls 6 months before the election are pretty much meaningless. The Corbyn = socialism narrative would have been nothing next to the scares the US media would have whipped up if it got to the point they thought Bernie might actually have a shot.

This isn't a comment on his politics, as he's clearly closer to what we consider normal and humane versus the US political establishment.

You're never going to convince Granny that a majority of Americans wouldn't break programming and vote for the self-declared socialist, even if a majority of his own party didn't.

For anyone who can be arsed, you might want to take a look at the opinion polls for a year prior to other American presidential elections. I particularly enjoyed the landslides enjoyed by Presidents Mondale and Dukakis, but that's as far as I got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

The opinion polls also had Clinton battering  Trump at the time. Opinion polls 6 months before the election are pretty much meaningless. The Corbyn = socialism narrative would have been nothing next to the scares the US media would have whipped up if it got to the point they thought Bernie might actually have a shot.

This isn't a comment on his politics, as he's clearly closer to what we consider normal and humane versus the US political establishment.

Bernie polled better in the primaries v Clinton than he did v Biden as well, turnout was down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stanton said:

Even for him this is a cracker..

Quote

I tested very positively in another sense so-this morning. Yeah. I tested positively toward negative, right. So. I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A consequence of Trump's exclusively "It's all about the money, give it back" foreign policy, Hong Kong is about to get shafted. China have nothing to lose.

 

Edited by welshbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stanton said:

 

Could this have been the nurse who tested him?

Might explain his apparent delirium.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/21/nurse-reprimanded-wearing-bikini-transparent-ppe-12735624/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The prevailing logic that Warren wasn’t nearly as progressive as she made out and stayed in the Primaries as long as she did purely to kneecap Bernie looks more correct with every passing day. The fact she’s getting absolutely nothing out of it is fucking hilarious tbh.

IMG_3397.jpg
IMG_3398.jpg

Amy Klobuchar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

A consequence of Trump's exclusively "It's all about the money, give it back" foreign policy, Hong Kong is about to get shafted. China have nothing to lose.

The only interest you payed to Chinese internal politics is to blame Trump for their years long rolling back on the Hong Kong Basic Law. 

The only evidence you have linking this move to Trump is your imagination. 

Its like the months of protests against the extradition bill passed you by. 1 in 6 human beings alive today live under Xi Jiaping's direct rule, he controls the worlds second largest economy with an increasingly iron fist, he runs the worlds second largest military. But instead of being aware of the huge surge in oppression and increase in hypernationalism.... the only way you can react to his authoritarianism is to blame Trump.

This is another excellent example of the parochial world view, the small mindedness that only sees everything in the world through the lens of your personal likes\dislikes in UK and US politics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

The only interest you payed to Chinese internal politics is to blame Trump for their years long rolling back on the Hong Kong Basic Law. 

The only evidence you have linking this move to Trump is your imagination. 

Its like the months of protests against the extradition bill passed you by. 1 in 6 human beings alive today live under Xi Jiaping's direct rule, he controls the worlds second largest economy with an increasingly iron fist, he runs the worlds second largest military. But instead of being aware of the huge surge in oppression and increase in hypernationalism.... the only way you can react to his authoritarianism is to blame Trump.

This is another excellent example of the parochial world view, the small mindedness that only sees everything in the world through the lens of your personal likes\dislikes in UK and US politics. 

Trump has made it clear to China that trade is his only concern, there will be no additional price to pay for whatever they do in Hong Kong. He'll do his best to break the likes of Huwawei whether they jail everyone in Xinjiang and Hong Kong or not, he's given away any leverage he had by already deploying the biggest stick he has. Otherwise, it's been a nice chat, hope the family's well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Trump has made it clear to China that trade is his only concern

Blah blah blah. 

Things happen in the world that are nothing to do with Donald Trump. 

No matter what nonsense fantasies your peanut brain concocts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dorlomin said:

Blah blah blah. 

Things happen in the world that are nothing to do with Donald Trump. 

No matter what nonsense fantasies your peanut brain concocts. 

Always a pleasure these little chats of ours! Byeeee! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

They really are doing their best to chuck this aren't they.

I don’t know much about her.  In what way is she a liability?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t know much about her.  In what way is she a liability?

There's nothing particularly terrible about her, but she was one of the most beige and unmemorable of the primary candidates, dropping out to endorse Biden after coming 5th or 6th in a few states. She polled poorly with black voters, but I guess Joe thinks he has them in the bag already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

There's nothing particularly terrible about her, but she was one of the most beige and unmemorable of the primary candidates, dropping out to endorse Biden after coming 5th or 6th in a few states. She polled poorly with black voters, but I guess Joe thinks he has them in the bag already.

Think her staff accused her of bullying. She seems very middle of the road in Dem terms in terms of policy, bit beige as you said.

Edited by welshbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...