The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

On 01/06/2020 at 11:09, BillyAnchor said:

A newscaster tonight said that on Saturday night the secret service goons took trump to a locked bunker for an hour as they feared they had lost control outside. I got way too much of a thrill from hearing this.

Archie Bunker

By Ken Levine: What networks are looking for these days

His even more racist, scaredy cat cousin, Donnie Bunker

Donald Trump Gets Scared at Rally, Secret Service Rescue Him - YouTube

30 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Trump has been a catastrophe for the world and for the US.  No good has come from him whatsoever.  

If this forces long term change in the US then it absolutely has done some good. Having to concentrate on domestic issues will also mean they are less likely to meddle with other countries. Again, a positive.

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

I recall saying during the election campaign that the US had two choices. Voting for Trump would be horrendous for the US but good for the rest of the world, and voting for Clinton the opposite. I stand by that view.

I wouldn't call dismantling the post war institutions encouraging international cooperation and rules of conduct a good thing for the ROW, never mind the trade wars and unilateral sanctions, and I'm not convinced conceding the role of global enforcer to Russia is necessarily a good thing, despite Trump massively increasing drone strikes with rules of engagement abandoned and more secrecy. I'm no fan of Clinton but I'm not sure she would have handed over Middle East policy to Saudi Arabia and their Jihadi proxies lock stock and barrel, effectively taking sides in a religious civil war, along with abandoning any pretence of considering Palestinians as human beings with rights.

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Good to see trump trying to diffuse the situation....him and his advisors are nuts but it plays up to his base and that is what last night was all about 

That and he's so thin-skinned he'll have been fuming about people making fun of him for hiding in his bunker.

Therefore he had to make a big show of going outside, while getting his goons to clear the protestors of course.

Edited by killiefan27

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Who would have guessed that electing a reality TV star as President would have led to the USA being a coke fueled TV exec meeting away from turning into The Running Man?

The real factor here is the massive spike in unemployment. Cut people off from their usual level of consumption and riots become a lot more likely. 

A new favourite of mine during lockdown is to read transcripts of Trumps speeches.  Always has a few cracking lines. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/wh-governors-call-protests/index.html

Lots of gold in here. He genuinely seems deranged.

2 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

A new favourite of mine during lockdown is to read transcripts of Trumps speeches.  Always has a few cracking lines. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/wh-governors-call-protests/index.html

The best ones are when he fucks up his speech and tries to pretend like he means it and the transcript has to record that part. For example:

One law and order — and that is what it is: one law.  We have one beautiful law.  And once that is restored and fully restored, we will help you, we will help your business, and we will help your family.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-by-the-president-39/

28 minutes ago, RiG said:

The best ones are when he fucks up his speech and tries to pretend like he means it and the transcript has to record that part. For example:

Glad I'm not alone in reading these.  The best bits tend to be when he opens it up to questions.  You can read how badly he is struggling. 

Biden is old, decrepit, senile and very questionable in his polices and beliefs.

Yet he's a thousand times better than the fucking maniac who currently sits on top.

This election is going to be carnage. Their country surely cannot abide by another 4 years of this absolute disaster.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I wouldn't call dismantling the post war institutions encouraging international cooperation and rules of conduct a good thing for the ROW, never mind the trade wars and unilateral sanctions, and I'm not convinced conceding the role of global enforcer to Russia is necessarily a good thing, despite Trump massively increasing drone strikes with rules of engagement abandoned and more secrecy. I'm no fan of Clinton but I'm not sure she would have handed over Middle East policy to Saudi Arabia and their Jihadi proxies lock stock and barrel, effectively taking sides in a religious civil war, along with abandoning any pretence of considering Palestinians as human beings with rights.

Indeed.  Those post war institutions also control, to a greater or lesser degree, the actions of the US.  Having Trump acting unilaterally is no good for anyone other than Wall Street and the swamp.   Because that’s what happens.  Dismantling post-war agreements allows Trump to act unilaterally.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

He has been massively, massively entertaining.

Occasionally though, you remember he's the real-life president of the most powerful nation in the western world, that enough people voted for him to obtain (and possibly stay in) that office, and you have to go and have a cry on the floor of the shower to a Radiohead album. And I fucking hate Radiohead.

16 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Absolutely - whenever I see him say or write anything I find it ridiculously hard not to scream at the TV 'you were the president for 8 years!'

It's not as though the problems America is dealing with now weren't known about when he was in charge! 

His problem was thinking he could do the same as he did in Chicago, build consensus and get people to work together in their own interests. That's impossible in Washington, he should have been utterly ruthless in his first 2 years forcing through stuff while the Dems ruled Congress. If he had done he might even have kept control of Congress and got some serious long term things done. 

I was watching his performance last night, it was 1am and CNN had a split screen showing him and the protesters getting tear gassed, just as a couple of flash bangs went off our whole street was plunged into darkness due to a power cut, i shit myself for a second thought he'd secretly pressed the button and the end was nigh. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again he is one of the worst humans to have ever lived, it used to be funny but now not so much. 

Don’t know if this has been covered, but one of Tara Reade’s lawyers is not longer representing her after it emerged that she lied about graduating from a university.  She also claimed she had been a visiting professor at the university when she hadn’t been.

She had been an expert witness in some trials and the verdicts are now being reviewed in light of the issues of her educational qualifications.

Might not change what allegedly happened but seriously diminishes her credibility I would think.