The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

2 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

They're wearing their outdoor shoes in the penthouse !

They are dirty, filthy, disgusting c***s.

It’s simply staged for the cameras.  If it was a ‘real’ photo he’d be eating a burger whilst watching Fox News and tweeting on his phone.

On 07/04/2020 at 13:13, RiG said:

IIRC the study that showed that hydroxychloroquine could be beneficial was a small group of patients that only had mild symptoms of COVID-19 and they were very likely to recover. Further studies involving patients that exhibited more severe symptoms of the virus showed that the drug had little to no effect. It's mind boggling he is pushing this so much but given that he gets his intelligence from Fox News and they have been banging on about it I suppose it isn't much of a surprise really.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and the mention of hydroxychloroquine has largely disappeared from Trump briefings and Fox as more and more studies pour cold water on the drug being helpful in the treatment of COVID-19. One study appears to show that use of the drug exacerbates the problem and that patients actually died in higher numbers when they were given it. Though this study is yet to be accepted for publication and has not been peer reviewed.

Another problem that’s arisen from pushing this HDQ drug as a possible cure is that people who genuinely need it for other conditions such as Lupus are now struggling to get hold of it and some have been informed that their prescriptions will not be able to be renewed because of the shortage 

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

Fast forward a couple of weeks and the mention of hydroxychloroquine has largely disappeared from Trump briefings and Fox as more and more studies pour cold water on the drug being helpful in the treatment of COVID-19. One study appears to show that use of the drug exacerbates the problem and that patients actually died in higher numbers when they were given it. Though this study is yet to be accepted for publication and has not been peer reviewed.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/4/22/21229360/coronavirus-covid-19-fox-news-sean-hannity-misinformation-death

4 hours ago, RiG said:

apart from being a complete idiot and therefore rationale being difficult to apply, I still can't quite work out Trump's (and Fox) push for an untested drug based on a "feeling" when it would be apparent in very quick time that it had no impact on the virus at all - in fact with potentially detrimental effects. Unless Trump truly believed his gut feeling which would have been like a one in a ten thousand shot. And Fox followed blindly. Maybe Trump has indeed moved on to unchartered territories of delusion. 

27 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

apart from being a complete idiot and therefore rationale being difficult to apply, I still can't quite work out Trump's (and Fox) push for an untested drug based on a "feeling" when it would be apparent in very quick time that it had no impact on the virus at all - in fact with potentially detrimental effects. Unless Trump truly believed his gut feeling which would have been like a one in a ten thousand shot. And Fox followed blindly. Maybe Trump has indeed moved on to unchartered territories of delusion. 

I thought when Murdoch the Younger took over at Fox it might veer towards the rational, seemingly not. The more Trump spouts quack cures or conspiracy theories the more they back him up. Their viewership is predominantly ancient and probably with underlying heart trouble though, hopefully they've been popping hydroxychloroquine like smarties.

Follow the money. Turns out he has significant shares in a French pharmaceutical company.

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Michael Cohen was paid $1m for access to Trump by Novartis (one of the manufacturers) in 2016, and he apparently has a stake in a French company (name escapes me) who also manufacture it. 

Trump asked Dr Birx if she could investigate the use of heat and light to fight the virus. 

He asked her in front of the gathered press. 

There was something else about the use of disinfectant, but I missed that. 

13 minutes ago, Milnzo said:

Trump asked Dr Birx if she could investigate the use of heat and light to fight the virus. 

He asked her in front of the gathered press. 

There was something else about the use of disinfectant, but I missed that. 

His new idea is to inject disinfectant into the lungs. To give him credit, killing the patient before COVID does will probably reduce the total number of COVID deaths though.

Self-immolation would probably kill the f**k out of any viruses in the human body.

I'm not a doctor, but a lot of very fine people are telling me that's the case, so if you want to try it...I'm asking the question, what have you got to lose?

8 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Michael Cohen was paid $1m for access to Trump by Novartis (one of the manufacturers) in 2016, and he apparently has a stake in a French company (name escapes me) who also manufacture it. 

Sanofi by any chance? 

They are the biggest French drug manufacturers I know of. They are on a par with Novartis (Swiss). 

Yeah, the entire presidency has become a sales pitch to boost his stock portfolio. 

I thought as much a few weeks ago when he started name checking companies per White House briefing. Thermo Fisher were initially mentioned but it was a few days later when he was stood next to his podium, pawing about with a 4 hour Covid test machine from Abbott Labs like some dodgy c**t showing up at your door and trying to show you how a coffee maker works that I really got suspicious.

The fact that he also made such a laboured point to name check Abbott Labs about half a dozen times during his press conference just drove this home. I was half expecting the number to order one to pop up at bottom of screen and a voice over telling you if you buy a machine now, you get 6 months worth of test kits free.