The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

5 hours ago, Milnzo said:

Trump just told a CNN reporter in the press room "you don't have the brains you were born with". 

😆

Not heard that in years, but I have heard it. 

Quite a common phrase here. Particularly when referring to grandson nr 3...

9 hours ago, Snobot said:

I have never listened to one of his press conferences before. Unbelievable. And his main argument is his strategy that he stopped flights from China in late January so things aren’t as bad as Italy. 

Clearly every government was too slow to stop flights and if/when there is a second global wave in the winter international travel will cease immediately. If Boris had barred foreign arrivals into the UK and quarantined all returning citizens and residents in February the media would have exploded with rage. 

I'm not really seeing much evidence of Cassandras who were warning of the consequences of inaction in February and being ignored. 

Clearly every government was too slow to stop flights and if/when there is a second global wave in the winter international travel will cease immediately. If Boris had barred foreign arrivals into the UK and quarantined all returning citizens and residents in February the media would have exploded with rage. 
I'm not really seeing much evidence of Cassandras who were warning of the consequences of inaction in February and being ignored. 

They're still not quarantining incoming people. It's a complete joke. Toy town level of incompetence.

3 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

They're still not quarantining incoming people. It's a complete joke. Toy town level of incompetence.

Bit pointless when it's already rampant here and they'll be going straight into lockdown.

Edited by welshbairn

I’d imagine 100% of people (or very close to) will be coming home from working abroad, and will have been in lockdown pretty much wherever they had previously been. The problem would be with layovers and transits, but for the most part transit flights have all be cancelled.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d imagine 100% of people (or very close to) will be coming home from working abroad, and will have been in lockdown pretty much wherever they had previously been. The problem would be with layovers and transits, but for the most part transit flights have all be cancelled.

Don’t know if you’ve seen the figures that someone quoted about numbers.  They cannot all be folk returning home.

Don’t know if you’ve seen the figures that someone quoted about numbers.  They cannot all be folk returning home.

I’m going by the report from Heathrow which claimed one in ten flights were operating but most of them with very light loads. I wouldn’t know how to read numbers into that, except to say I’d imagine the numbers flying into Heathrow on any given day would most likely be in the hundreds of thousands.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m going by the report from Heathrow which claimed one in ten flights were operating but most of them with very light loads. I wouldn’t know how to read numbers into that, except to say I’d imagine the numbers flying into Heathrow on any given day would most likely be in the hundreds of thousands.

There were 15,000 people landing in the U.K. each day on flights; didn’t see a breakdown between domestic and international flights.

1 hour ago, killiepiemuncher said:

The huge MAGA crowds on the streets protesting about the shutdown should be a good indicator how serious the virus really is. If they’re all dropping like flys in a few weeks we’ll know we’re doing the right thing. The opposite might end our shutdown.

Why were they wearing masks?

As predicted, the gloves come off as soon as Biden has the nomination locked in. Months upon months of ads like the above targeting him and establishment Dems are going to resonate in a way that wouldn't be possible with Sanders as nominee.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

More 'Murica

reuters

Fewer of these types the better. End the lockdown.

Some very fine people there. 

That Pelosi ice cream clip was peak Democrat. Their decisions and strategy since Trump became a serious candidate for 2016 has been a continuous salvo of shots into their own foot when it should be a gaping open goal to beat him.