The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Nah. That’s over simplifying things. There’s a huge difference. Biden’s actually pretty liberal on quite a few issues.

What ones?

Not justice, health care, segregation, gay marriage, war, bankruptcy or sexual abuse. 

His record is abysmal. 

22 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Nah. That’s over simplifying things. There’s a huge difference. Biden’s actually pretty liberal on quite a few issues.

It's all relative to Trump's insanity, of course.  If you're putting him into a British spectrum, he's a Lib Dem at most.   Affirmative action, women's rights (I think, though it's questionable), climate change.  I guess I just take issue with the idea that he's on par with Donald Trump.  If you're anything other than a white, middle class male, there's a huge amount of difference.

He was against bussing to end segregation, wrote the crime bill that is probably the worst piece of legislation of the past 100 years in the USA and has ruined millions of lives disproportionately African American.

He also skewered Anita Hill to get Clarence Thomas onto the Supreme Court. His only strong suit is being portrayed as a friendly uncle on TV since 2008.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He was against bussing to end segregation, wrote the crime bill that is probably the worst piece of legislation of the past 100 years in the USA and has ruined millions of lives disproportionately African American.

He also skewered Anita Hill to get Clarence Thomas onto the Supreme Court. His only strong suit is being portrayed as a friendly uncle on TV since 2008.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like him a bit.  But given that it's him or Trump, were I American I'd vote for Biden dispassionately and unhesitatingly.  It's certainly not two sides of the same coin here.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

To get real change they need to defeat Democratic elites first. Voting for Biden makes that harder.

Bernie or Bust people can still vote blue down ballot. 

Not doing that last time put Trump in, something you've repeatedly said was the better choice. What's changed?

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nah its not, both have a lot in common, Trump’s actually liberal on some issues too.

Was, now he does whatever the evangelicals and NRA tell him.

Like what?

Scrapping the TPP, Trillion Dollar infrastructure bill, the ‘INSPIRE’ bill, suspending the federal debt ceiling for three months after hurricane harvey. The ‘first step act’ which actually rolls back parts of the bill that biden wrote which saw quite a large number of ethnic minorities put in jail for minor drugs offences under ‘three strikes’.