The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

5 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

I wonder how many of those early release inmates used a gun while committing their crime.  The NRA just do not get it.

I don't know if you use Twitter but if you do you should follow the NRA account for a decent laugh/cry at just how off their chomp they are. 

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

I don't know if you use Twitter but if you do you should follow the NRA account for a decent laugh/cry at just how off their chomp they are. 

It is bad enough in our house since girlfriend started following Trump..almost shit myself on more than one occasion as she shreiked in disbelief at another of his moronic tweets.

Been to America quite a few times and have a few friends who seem absolutely normal but go all googly eyes when you question them on Trump or Guns.

I asked one once about owning a gun yet saying she would never use it.  I Said it was for protection (like carrying a condom in your wallet but refusing to wear it).

I then pointed out it is a bit like the fact  she was away to buy a pickup truck but have no licence (which she was in the process of doing).  I then said, "you are a single woman who works on the cashier desk of s supermarket, why on earth do you need a pickup?'

Her reply in all seriousness?

'Well ya never know when you might need one to move a washing machine."

Trump/guns/pickups/washing machines/redneck logic

11 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Pacifist is he? Stay out of the Middle East, will he?

He hasn't started any new wars, yet. Other than a couple of idiotic escalations to pump his own ego, he's basically Gandhi after the last few decades of US presidents. 

For what it's worth I think the current pandemic situation and its economic consequences may force his hand to get involved in Iran or Venezuela. His beloved stock markets are making him look bad, so a nice demonstration of American power against some terrorists in the run up to the election isn't unlikely.

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump’s handling of this has been morally criminal but it probably not have the slightest impact on support from his ‘base’.

You've got to have morals first , and quite clearly  President Cockwomble has none 

1 minute ago, stanton said:

You've got to have morals first , and quite clearly  President Cockwomble has none 

I wasn’t a huge fan of Obama but I feel that he would have done a decent job faced with a crisis like this.

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I wasn’t a huge fan of Obama but I feel that he would have done a decent job faced with a crisis like this.

Obama had empathy. Trump is a sociopath. Like you, I felt Obama should have done much better but it's not a hard assumption to make that Obama if faced with this crisis would have put politicking to one side and handled this better. Absolutely no doubt on that.

2 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Obama had empathy. Trump is a sociopath. Like you, I felt Obama should have done much better but it's not a hard assumption to make that Obama if faced with this crisis would have put politicking to one side and handled this better. Absolutely no doubt on that.

I initially read that as “...Trump is a sociopath like you..”

Felt it was a little harsh.

3 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

He'd also have the best advisers around him, instead of just people who said nice things about him on Fox.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I initially read that as “...Trump is a sociopath like you..”

Felt it was a little harsh.

Me, too! :lol:

(Might be an age thing...)

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump’s handling of this has been morally criminal but it probably not have the slightest impact on support from his ‘base’.

It won't. My brother in law thinks Trump has been selected by god. And that is not in any way a joke.

Fucking depressing.