The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

The stuff he’s coming coming out with today about being able to target cultural sites is certainly the stuff of dictators, but I do agree with the sentiment that calling him one is a bit counterproductive.
He does behave pretty much like a dictator by ignoring the conventions and norms that normally restrict Presidential power, both domestic and international.

6 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

While I may be a colossal idiot, I do practice international law and am qualified to practice in America having easily passed the NY Bar Exam. So, a few points:

- the ICJ doesn't punish war crimes and crimes against humanity. That's the International Criminal Court and, as welshbairn says, America doesn't recognise it's jurisdiction.

- the jurisdiction of the ICJ does cover other breaches of international law, but only if states have agreed to submit the dispute to it. It's more like a civil court which you opt into on a case by case basis. A typical case would involve the interpretation of UN treaty wording. It's not for extra judicial assassinations. In any case, any penalty levied by the ICJ would be against the State rather than Trump personally.

- Therefore, no viable penalties.

Stating the fact that Trump is probably legally beyond reproach for killing Suleimani doesn't mean I support the assassination or Trump himself, and, in case it's misleading, my username is no indication of my political views.

I hope you get your minions to proof read your submissions.

6 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I do practice international law and am qualified to practice in America having easily passed the NY Bar Exam.

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I hope you get your minions to proof read your submissions.

3 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

😂 alas I am but a minion myself.

"I do practice international law" sounds awfully grand, so I assumed you were some sort of high flying legal eagle.

Further reflection should have caused me to dismiss this notion, however, otherwise you wouldn't be able to spend half your day f****** about on here like we other slackers.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pked4v/the-anarchist-daughter-of-the-gops-gerrymandering-mastermind-just-dumped-all-his-maps-and-files-on-google-drive

The daughter of deceased gerrymandering shïtebag Thomas Hofeller has uploaded his documents, files & emails relating to his work for public viewing.

http://www.thehofellerfiles.com/