The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

So a quick summary of this thread... Harry Souttar would have prevented 9/11? 

He’d have made sure the CCTV cameras were pointed into the sky, and probably headed the aeroplanes clear of the World Trade centre.

Have to say Trump did good today, Asking what were the expected casualties before giving the final go ahead for an attack on Iranian anti aircraft sites, and refusing it when the number came back at 150, in return for shooting down a robot. You'd have thought he would have asked that question before the planes/missiles were ready to take off though.

P.S. He said that the Generals didn't know when he asked, and had to make a few phone calls. A bit worrying if Bolton and Pompeo have control over the defence department too.

Edited by welshbairn

Have to say Trump did good today, Asking what were the expected casualties before giving the final go ahead for an attack on Iranian anti aircraft sites, and refusing it when the number came back at 150, in return for shooting down a robot. You'd have thought he would have asked that question before the planes/missiles were ready to take off though.
P.S. He said that the Generals didn't know when he asked, and had to make a few phone calls. A bit worrying if Bolton and Pompeo have control over the defence department too.

I’m not buying it for a second. He’s playing some sort of mad man theory game, only on steroids.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m not buying it for a second. He’s playing some sort of mad man theory game, only on steroids.

You might be right, but I'm not sure that Bolton and Pompeo are in on it. He seems to think you can declare global economic warfare without consequences, whereas for them the consequences are the whole point.

Edited by welshbairn

15 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Trump giving a f**k about anyone other than himself? I'm definitely skeptical. 

He gives a f**k about what getting involved in another unnecessary Middle Eastern war would have on his reelection chances. 

He gives a f**k about what getting involved in another unnecessary Middle Eastern war would have on his reelection chances. 

Atm, aye but I would be concerned that a tanking reelection strategy might see him push for an intervention somewhere to get the hogs onside.

I think big Donald is aware that Bolton and the like are trying to pressure him into a war with Iran. Thankfully he hasn’t given in yet but we’ll see how long he lasts. 

If Donny thought it’d win him votes, he’d be bypassing Bolton et al and US troops would be marching on Tehran as we speak. He entirely manufactured this Iranian crisis so as he can be the one who is seen to be the strong peacemaker, while making Iran quiver in their boots. Tehran, of course, will continue doing Tehran things while laughing at Trumpy boy, but that doesn’t remotely matter. It’s about the only intelligent piece of politicking Trump has demonstrated.

Nobody wanted war, nobody was pressing for war - not even loonball Bolton - but the image is of Trump drawing back from the brink in a show of strength and, as you say, swamp-draining. It’s all optics and profit for him.

11 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Atm, aye but I would be concerned that a tanking reelection strategy might see him push for an intervention somewhere to get the hogs onside.

Somewhere cheap and quick, like Nicaragua imo.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Nobody wanted war, nobody was pressing for war - not even loonball Bolton

What makes you think that, it's all he's ever talked about? He even makes speeches to a group carrying out terrorist attacks inside Iran. the MeK.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What makes you think that, it's all he's ever talked about? He even makes speeches to a group carrying out terrorist attacks inside Iran. the MeK.

I'm talking about this particular case involving the ships in the Gulf of Oman and the ten minute pull back.  John Bolton would have sooner have war than have dinner, it would appear, but it's not to Donny's credit that he hasn't yet got it.  Wiser, calmer heads still have control at the Pentagon.  

Edited by Savage Henry

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Quite a few of the Trump inner circle and advisors seem to have close links with the MEK. His lawyer, the unhinged Rudy Giuliani, does annual speeches at their weird, cult-like compound in Albania. I’m pretty sure a few former CIA directors have as well. There was a good piece on Channel 4 a month or two ago about them - not sure if it was C4 News or Dispatches, but certainly worth a watch if it’s still about. Slightly strange how all these zealous right-wingers are such staunch supporters of a self-described Marxist group, but they certainly have some serious money behind them.

Bolton is certainly gagging for a war with Iran. It’s basically been his purpose in life for the past 10 years.