The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yep, I was surprised too.

Apparently Trump saying he might not completely repeal Obamacare now. Has he trolled the Left and now he's going to troll the Right?

Could be fun, he's taken some fairly liberal positions in the past compared to the swivel eyed and evangelical segments of the Republican Party. I'm hoping the campaign was just a circus act to get elected.

There are a lot of Republicans very keen on free trade, I doubt he'll be able to do much on the protectionist front. Obamacare will be difficult too, millions of people with pre-existing conditions won't be able to afford insurance at all if they just dump it, and finding a solution with no Federal money input will be impossible. The Republicans will be schizoid on that too. Socialized medicine the right call it which means just sharing out health risks and premiums equally to the moderates.

I thinks he's set to do a U-turn on Obamacare now as well.

And he's already dumped Chris Christie.

Could be fun, he's taken some fairly liberal positions in the past compared to the swivel eyed and evangelical segments of the Republican Party. I'm hoping the campaign was just a circus act to get elected.

I bloody hope so.

Remove the rhetoric to pull the red-neck vote and there are some issues where he has been surprisingly liberal in the past.

My main concern is his narcissistic personality.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

My main concern is his narcissistic personality.

That's my big hope, for selfish reasons. If he can't cope with very little power and being the idiot in the room, he might just hand over to Mike Spence. In which case America gets a homophobic religious loon, but with a fair bit of experience  of the complexities of Government, and more importantly I get 5 grand from a £10 bet.

Fernanda Santos probably deserves to be told to f**k off.
It's not a joke that utter welt media outlets like the NYT were fawning over DT when he was running for the candidacy, and then proceeded to reinforce his support after he was nominated.
They need to take a huge amount of the responsibility in the Trump Phenomenon. He shouldn't have been given the time of day.

Sanders had a real phenomenon but an old Jewish guy with crazy hair talking about income equality wasn't news worthy.

On 14/11/2016 at 06:39, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Given he's already named Bannon from Breitbart as his chief strategist and vowed to immediately deport up to 3 million people, these seem rather forlorn hopes.

Never thought I'd live to see a fascist President, but here we are.

I think you need to stay off the crazy SJW juice.

Trump is an idiot, but this scaremongering is helping no one, and is why we have moron snowflakes 'literally' shaking. 

What politicians say and do are vastly different things. Let's look back in 2 years time and see where we are, and how many 'millions' have been deported. 

I see that there's strong rumours John Bolton is going to be named Secretary of State.

Glad we've got away from war-mongering neo-cons.  Oh....

Bolton was a psychopath last time I checked, which was about 10 years ago right enough.

Experienced and certainly knows how to get the job done if a knowledgeable psychopath is what's needed right now. SoS seems a position too high, though.

1 hour ago, ScotSquid said:

I think you need to stay off the crazy SJW juice.

Trump is an idiot, but this scaremongering is helping no one, and is why we have moron snowflakes 'literally' shaking. 

What politicians say and do are vastly different things. Let's look back in 2 years time and see where we are, and how many 'millions' have been deported. 

What scaremongering?  Bannon is a noted white supremacist and Trump said in an interview the other day that he's going to deport 3m folk.  That's not a campaign slogan, it's his aim as president elect.

If it helps the definition of scaremongering is telling untruths about someone/thing in order to foment fear not when you say things about yourself.

Edited by Baxter Parp

Did Trump give timescales for his deportation of 3m illegal immigrants?  The Obama administration has deported around that number in the last eight years.  If it gets spread out across his whole term then it isn't really a significant change in policy.