The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

A decent democrat candidate that can reach out to all with a good message will easily beat Trump but ofcourse Trump cant be under estimated he does have an ability to get votes. Biden wont run so its a good time for democrats to start now and start seeing whos the best out there.

1 minute ago, BigDoddyKane said:

A decent democrat candidate that can reach out to all with a good message will easily beat Trump but ofcourse Trump cant be under estimated he does have an ability to get votes. Biden wont run so its a good time for democrats to start now and start seeing whos the best out there.

The only way Biden won't be the Democratic candidate in 2024 is if he's incapacitated in some way.

The Democrats look likely to have done f**k all by then, so the big Republican candidates must be praying daily that Trump dies soon, as they'd be an absolute shoo-in for a bitterly disappointed and/or still lunatic electorate.

I can't find that statement on his website. It was pretty funny and you woukd easily believe he would write something like that, but looks like it's been photoshopped. 

Surely they are not seriously going to run an 82 year old Joe Biden in 2024. First president to see out his term in a nursing home if so. It'll be Harris. 

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I can't find that statement on his website. It was pretty funny and you woukd easily believe he would write something like that, but looks like it's been photoshopped. 

Surely they are not seriously going to run an 82 year old Joe Biden in 2024. First president to see out his term in a nursing home if so. It'll be Harris. 

Reagan would make most Republican's Top 5 Presidents list, and it was no secret that he was suffering from Alzheimer's Disease in his second term.

Not saying that it should be the case, but age is no barrier to the presidency, and Biden's not going to give up the throne without a reason. He's spent his whole life dreaming about this.

On 26/10/2021 at 21:04, Utter Roaster said:

Watched Four Hours at the Capitol last night. f**k me, some of these people are just deluded. 'I personally know 2 people who had their votes stolen'. 

Also watched that, some outrageous stupidity on display. My favourite part was the Cowboy guy who was in favour of capital punishment and forced labour but considered 9 days without a shower to be inhumane.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

The only way Biden won't be the Democratic candidate in 2024 is if he's incapacitated in some way.

The Democrats look likely to have done f**k all by then, so the big Republican candidates must be praying daily that Trump dies soon, as they'd be an absolute shoo-in for a bitterly disappointed and/or still lunatic electorate.

It can't be ignored the actual numbers Trump brought out in the last election. I'm not sure they win with another candidate as it stands. 

Just now, NotThePars said:

It can't be ignored the actual numbers Trump brought out in the last election. I'm not sure they win with another candidate as it stands. 

It would probably depend on whether or not another candidate was seen to be The Donald's successor, but the Democrats are going to struggle to get their vote out after another four years of masterly inactivity. There's a dark, horrible part of me that would love to see millions of lunatics elect one of Trump's ghastly children to the highest office, just to watch the world burn.

Gutted that wasn't a real Trump post, by the way. Maybe nobody's told him about the Baldwin thing yet.

I think Biden will decide he deosnt want to continue or at least be persuaded not to, I think it would be too much for him. I cant see Harris winning but there were others in the running last time potentially could build up momentum to win and maybe theres others about also.

Edited by BigDoddyKane

On Biden, if he chooses not to run then he will have to time that announcement right. Too early and he's a lame duck president for too long. Too late and he disrupts the primaries for the next election. 

LBJ withdrew in April 1968 and it left the Democrats in the shite for that election - not just that but Robert Kennedy getting killed during the campaign really derailed them. 

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I think Biden will decide he deosnt want to continue or at least be persuaded not to, I think it would be too much for him. I cant see Harris winning but there were others in the running last time potentially could build up momentum to win and maybe theres others about also.

As much as it sounds abhorrent, if Biden steps down the Democrats would be absolutely stupid to run anyone who isn't a white, elderly man.

10 minutes ago, HTG said:

Even if it's not genuine, it's not a big stretch to see him pushing something like this out.

Of course it's a good satire. As a guy committed to the Don's stand up, however, I have to call out a fake when I see it.

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

As much as it sounds abhorrent, if Biden steps down the Democrats would be absolutely stupid to run anyone who isn't a white, elderly man.

It's all very depressing. With Biden playing the "Haud me back Manchin" game, they need a convincing younger version of Bernie emerging who can put the Dem old guard back in their boxes, doesn't scare the suburban liberals too much, and takes back some of the deplorables. I don't think Trump would get back in but a younger doppelganger might, especially if a 3 years older Biden tries to run or even the utterly useless Harris. Nobody springs to mind.

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

On Biden, if he chooses not to run then he will have to time that announcement right. Too early and he's a lame duck president for too long. Too late and he disrupts the primaries for the next election. 

LBJ withdrew in April 1968 and it left the Democrats in the shite for that election - not just that but Robert Kennedy getting killed during the campaign really derailed them. 

To be fair, it's not as if LBJ intended to withdraw, Eugene McCarthy's strong showing in the NH Primary pretty much did for him.

Who are the bright young hopes on either side? All the young Dems are cringe robots and the young(er) Republicans are soy. Tucker Carlson, JD Vance and Dan Crenshaw are never going to get close to the Oval Office. Donnie Jr doesn't have the gravitas of his da and Matt Gaetz outed himself as a wrong un.

On the Dem side AOC is never getting close either because the corporate Dems hate her and the progressives are turning on her as well. Harris is hopeless and should've been found out when Tulsi (Tulsi!) slaughtered her in the debates. Buttigieg will kill and kill again. Beto got found out after losing Texas and trying to vault that into a national career and Yang is a clear weirdo.

It's got to be Dwayne Johnson with whichever party he attaches himself to.