The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

18 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

If she was an originalist, then as a woman, she shouldn’t be a judge. 

From watching bits of her hearing, she's an absolute loon ball.  Right wing is putting it mildly.  Or maybe "hypocrite" might suffice.  Either way, she shouldn't be confirmed - but she will be.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Reality is, if you don't vote for Biden (however unenthusiastically) in this election, and you deserve every bit of suffering you get.  And you will suffer.

A Neocon speaks. 

Turnout will be below 60%. The people who don't vote will overwhelming be poor and disproportionately non white, with only a mediocre high school education and are likely to be victims of Biden's mass incarceration policy. 

If you think these people deserve their suffering it says a lot about you. 

49 minutes ago, Detournement said:

A Neocon speaks. 

Turnout will be below 60%.

Given the last time the turnout was over 60% was 60.7 in 1968 and turnouts haven’t been consistently over 60% since the turn of the 20th Century, this isn’t the sizzling hot take you think it is. 

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Given the last time the turnout was over 60% was 60.7 in 1968 and turnouts haven’t been consistently over 60% since the turn of the 20th Century, this isn’t the sizzling hot take you think it is. 

I'm just pointing that the people who The Poster For A New American Century is so keen to see suffer are not a small irresponsible subsection but 80-100 million people who have been largely been fucked over by the Dems and the GOP.

I don't know what mad gear Trump has been on since he left the hospital but I think I would like some. 

"I feel so powerful, I could just walk out through that crowd and kiss all of you". 

The man is clearly off his tits. 

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't know what mad gear Trump has been on since he left the hospital but I think I would like some. 

"I feel so powerful, I could just walk out through that crowd and kiss all of you". 

"...grab you all by the pussy", shurely?

One of the disappointments of this presidential term is that we haven't seen legions of middle-aged rust belt women congregating at the president's rallies to beg him to sexually assault them. I'd expected that to be a surefire part of the doubling-down process.

It is good though to see the Big Fella back to his trademark shade of RAL2011 Orange - for a few days he was a worrying peely-wally RAL1002 Sand Yellow colour.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

It's steroids 

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

A Neocon speaks. 

Turnout will be below 60%. The people who don't vote will overwhelming be poor and disproportionately non white, with only a mediocre high school education and are likely to be victims of Biden's mass incarceration policy. 

If you think these people deserve their suffering it says a lot about you. 

Yeah. That’s me. A real neocon.    The white middle class Bernie Bros are quite happy to blame non-whites for not voting. The reality is Biden is massively ahead with the African-American community.  The people most likely to vote for Trump are in the states which suffer most from his incompetence, both home and abroad.   And the people most likely to abstain are the Michael Moore types who took their ball home when Bernie lost out.  

Trump’s vote is highly motivated.  Biden’s is not. That’s why Bernie or Bust is a morally bankrupt position to take.  The Democrats are not as bad as the Trump administration.   This isn’t about what Michael Moore thinks, at this point.  It’s about restoring a modicum of decency to the White House.  Of course, you think it’s all one thing or the other. If its not exactly what you think, there’s no point in voting.  Life ain’t like that.  Bernie or Bust = Tacit Trump.  

The answer to anyone who isn’t trying to be proved right whatever the result is, of course, to defeat Trump and then challenge Biden from a position of power, as Cornell West has said.  

Edited by Savage Henry

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah. That’s me. A real neocon.    The white middle class Bernie Bros are quite happy to blame non-whites for not voting. 

You are white and middle class and have just blamed any suffering that non-white non-voters suffer on themselves lol

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Reality is, if you don't vote for Biden (however unenthusiastically) in this election, and you deserve every bit of suffering you get

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

You are white and middle class and have just blamed any suffering that non-white non-voters suffer on themselves lol

It’s not African Americans who are refusing to vote for Biden.   And of course, I’m not telling them that their voting turnout or lack thereof is to blame for Trump. 

It absolutely is people like me (us) who have enabled Trump.  I don’t think there’s any question about that, surely?

10 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It's not so much the non-white voters that don't vote (who were specifically targeted by the Republicans and "some say" the Russians in the last campaign to encourage apathy), but the younger voters who were so exuberant for Bernie before the primaries on social media, but couldn't quite get it together to vote.

P.S. Anyone who voted for Jill Stein in 2016 or whoever it is in 2020 should just put on a MAGA hat.

Edited by welshbairn

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's not so much the non-white voters that don't vote (who were specifically targeted by the Republicans and "some say" the Russians in the last campaign to encourage apathy), but the younger voters who were so exuberant for Bernie before the primaries on social media, but couldn't quite get it together to vote.

P.S. Anyone who voted for Jill Stein in 2016 or whoever it is in 2020 should just put on a MAGA hat.

See also Gary Johnson.  

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s not African Americans who are refusing to vote for Biden.   And of course, I’m not telling them that their voting turnout or lack thereof is to blame for Trump. 

It absolutely is people like me (us) who have enabled Trump.  I don’t think there’s any question about that, surely?

Republicans enabled Trump by their ideology becoming so divorced from the electorate that it needed a charlatan who could speak to people's justified hatred of the system to act as a smokescreen for their continued mining of the economy.

Democrats also enabled Trump by having zero positive vision for the country beyond mere platitudes and using the energy of a customer complaints department telling you your call is very important to them as a substitution for transformative politics. 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think it'll be years before we find out all the shenanigans that went on at the early DNC Primaries and the post-covid nonsense but it'll be an interesting story to read. I'm sure the folks from Seeking Derangements podcast worked in the Bernie campaign and have suggested that the people running the campaign also fucked it after Nevada by slowing down the momentum which let Biden take South Carolina and subsequently allowed Obama to make the necessary calls and sink Sanders. The post-mortem on that will go on for years as well.

On 13/10/2020 at 01:25, Granny Danger said:

Can someone explain to me why the Supreme Court has such a vital say in issues such as healthcare and abortion.

Surely if a law is passed legalising abortion it is the job of the courts to uphold that law.  Is the argument that abortion somehow conflicts with the Constitution? 

There's no law legalising abortion, but there are and have been laws passed by states restricting access to abortion. The ruling in Roe v Wade was that the law in Texas infringed the 14th amendment which banned states from enacting laws infringing on individual rights and is therefore unconstitutional. The originalists will say that the intent of those who drafted the 14th was to stop states from allowing slavery and that any subsequent readings of it to support any other rights (e.g.reproductive rights, gay marriage)  are "judicial activism". 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Another normal day for the PotUS on Twitter this time retweeting a conspiracy theory that Obama was in cahoots with Iran about staging the killing of Bin Laden.

Written by a QAnon investigator and “homeschool mom”.

It should be noted that Cruz used his questioning time yesterday to deliver a 20-minute speech criticizing Democrats on religious liberty. He then asked Barrett how she had managed virtual leaning with her children and whether she knew any foreign languages.