The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Neither the moderate or loonball wing is going to abandon him though - they'll all line up behind him against whoever the democrats put up, and he'll still be able to whip up the base. I'm not convinced anything that happens or doesn't happen in Congress really matters that much in terms of 2020.

The base is far smaller than Trump supporters are prepared to admit.  The latest approval ratings are an indication of Trump’s hardcore support.

I see his absolute upper limit in 2020 as being 45%.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Cernovich calling him "commander in soy" is so good. It doesn't even scan.

Commander in beef, surely?

Also, the Fox News Analysts like Cernovich and Bongino are, if anything, more insane than the hosts.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Commander in beef, surely?

Also, the Fox News Analysts like Cernovich and Bongino are, if anything, more insane than the hosts.

That's a disgusting slur on the genius behind "The Gorilla Mindset". It's even better when he discusses it with his lisp.

In an interview with CNBC Monday night, he shed some light on why he feels he would not run as a Democrat: Because he could end up having to argue for massive taxes on the super-rich like himself. “I respect the Democratic Party. I no longer feel affiliated because I don't know their views represent the majority of Americans. I don't think we want a 70 percent income tax in America,” he said. Ocasio-Cortez's idea to tax earnings over $10 million at 70 percent has wide support, according to polls—a recent Hill-HarrisX survey found that 59 percent of voters back it. Schultz went on to say: “The way I’ve come to this decision is, I believe that if I ran as a Democrat, I would have to say things that I know in my heart I do not believe, and I would have to be disingenuous.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/howard-schultz-blames-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-for-his-decision-to-run-as-independent

Edited by welshbairn

Tbf to Schultz at least he's being honest, he's running to protect his personal class interests.

'Let me keep my enormous personal fortune, or I will help re elect Trump'

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Tbf to Schultz at least he's being honest, he's running to protect his personal class interests.

'Let me keep my enormous personal fortune, or I will help re elect Trump'

Yeah that’s fair.  But 70% tax rate is not Democratic policy nor will it be.