The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Which is really Corporate Communism if you think about it.

The corporate elite have bought and paid for both the Democrat and Republican Parties for well over a Century.

I'd describe their control akin to totalitarianism, which is the same whether it's fascist or communist as it's certainly not democratic regardless of how it's dressed.

25 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I think the word you're searching for is oligarchy, rather than communism.

I think they should be called the Evil and Nefarious New World Order Who Are Out To Kill Your Grandma and Steal Your Freedom of Thought.

2 hours ago, sjc said:

The corporate elite have bought and paid for both the Democrat and Republican Parties for well over a Century.

I'd describe their control akin to totalitarianism, which is the same whether it's fascist or communist as it's certainly not democratic regardless of how it's dressed.

That's my point. It's got to the stage where large multi national corporations are effectively governing the world. They influence government tax policy and make themselves impossible to compete with. We're living under a corporate regime.

31 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

That's my point. It's got to the stage where large multi national corporations are effectively governing the world. They influence government tax policy and make themselves impossible to compete with. We're living under a corporate regime.

Using just our own country and the insolvency laws as an example, this creates the perfect environment for wide boy crooks such as Mike Ashley to absolutely flourish.

As we stand, Ashley and a few hedgefunds will soon have a stranglehold over the majority of retail in this country and all that means is asset stripping unemployment and an extra few zeros on to his and their wealth.

How can anyone feel that this sort of system is healthy ?

As for the USA ? well, we're only playing at it compared with them............

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I think the word you're searching for is oligarchy, rather than communism.

It's had numerous names over the years. Deep state, permanent state, new world order, military industrial complex, oligarchy.....

The meeting at the ironically named Jekyll Island and the subsequent electing of Woodrow Wilson is worth reading as is the failed coup in 1934 when their proposed figurehead, Marine General Smedley Butler blew the whistle on them.

Eisenhower was probably the first to bring their presence to the fore in his fairwell address to the nation.

19 hours ago, sjc said:

Corporate Capitalism actually.

"... There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party ... and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat. Republicans are a bit stupider, more rigid, more doctrinaire in their laissez-faire capitalism than the Democrats, who are cuter, prettier, a bit more corrupt – until recently ... and more willing than the Republicans to make small adjustments when the poor, the black, the anti-imperialists get out of hand. But, essentially, there is no difference between the two parties."

— Gore Vidal
Edited by beefybake

3 hours ago, beefybake said:

"... There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party ... and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat. Republicans are a bit stupider, more rigid, more doctrinaire in their laissez-faire capitalism than the Democrats, who are cuter, prettier, a bit more corrupt – until recently ... and more willing than the Republicans to make small adjustments when the poor, the black, the anti-imperialists get out of hand. But, essentially, there is no difference between the two parties."

— Gore Vidal

"The country was founded on the principle that the primary role of government is to protect property from the majority, and so it remains."

-Noam Chomsky 

Edited by renton