The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

The question is which Fox retired General regular pundit he decides to replace him with. This is the guy who hired Mike Flynn as his National Security Advisor. A man who believed in Pizzagate. 

Edited by welshbairn

Mattis is a war criminal who has never had his hole.
The eulogising of him over here just because he told Trump to swivel is ludicrous. 

While I partly agree with this, he was at least trained in his area of supposed expertise. Mattis and Kelly are going to be replaced by halfwits.

Even by Trump’s standards, quite a lot has happened over the last 24 hours.

I can't decide what I think is worse.  That someone thought a gofundme for "the wall" was a good idea or that they managed to raise over 10 million $ already.  Still, only 990 million more to go reach their target.

Edited by akredz

Under normal circumstances, a US president's decision to bring troops home from disastrous Middle Eastern conflicts would be almost universally popular. But because TrumpBad is the overriding factor in all political discussion it's being attacked from all angles, with military & intelligence figures being wheeled out to scaremonger the public into going against their normal instincts.

It's possible for Trump to be a complete arsehole while also making the occasional correct decision by accident (assuming he sticks to it, which is certainly no guarantee given that the last time he made a similar announcement he bombed Syria a few days later).

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Under normal circumstances, a US president's decision to bring troops home from disastrous Middle Eastern conflicts would be almost universally popular. But because TrumpBad is the overriding factor in all political discussion it's being attacked from all angles, with military & intelligence figures being wheeled out to scaremonger the public into going against their normal instincts.

It's possible for Trump to be a complete arsehole while also making the occasional correct decision by accident (assuming he sticks to it, which is certainly no guarantee given that the last time he made a similar announcement he bombed Syria a few days later).

Think his abandoning of the Kurds is the reason people are getting angry. To shut up Erdogan over the Khashoggi killing he's giving him free range to attack the PKK who have basically been the ones fighting to get rid of Isis in Syria and Northern Iraq from the start. f**k having Trump as an ally.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

While I partly agree with this, he was at least trained in his area of supposed expertise. Mattis and Kelly are going to be replaced by halfwits.

Even by Trump’s standards, quite a lot has happened over the last 24 hours.

2000 American troops weren't a game changer but they allowed the Kurds to take on IS without being attacked by Turkey on their flanks with freedom. I'd imagine your Kurdish friends will be getting a bit nervous. That was probably the final straw for Mattis, unilaterally announcing the withdrawal with no warning to allies and time to prepare, along with half the troops getting pulled out of Afghanistan with similarly no warning and  preparation.

P.S. See I'm repeating DD above.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, Comrie said:

If Putin is happy about it, it's most likely not a good decision for the west.

Putin's also delighted by Brexit and says a second referendum would be a betrayal of democracy. By the way, Fake News!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075726666574544896

4 hours ago, akredz said:

I can't decide what I think is worse.  That someone thought a gofundme for "the wall" was a good idea or that they managed to raise over 10 million $ already.  Still, only 990 million more to go reach their target.

They have missed a trick here.  They should be getting folk to pay for commemorative bricks with inscriptions like they have at football grounds.

”Foreigners Go Home”. “MAGA”.  “We Were Here Second”.  “Fake News”.  

2000 American troops weren't a game changer but they allowed the Kurds to take on IS without being attacked by Turkey on their flanks with freedom. I'd imagine your Kurdish friends will be getting a bit nervous. That was probably the final straw for Mattis, unilaterally announcing the withdrawal with no warning to allies and time to prepare, along with half the troops getting pulled out of Afghanistan with similarly no warning and  preparation.
P.S. See I'm repeating DD above.

Well, there’s something to be said for bringing home troops if they are simply serving an occupation role. But to anyone outside zerohedge, the US presence in Syria is still serving a purpose. And IS has not been defeated.

And of course, the whole problem in Iraq was leaving with no plans for what would happen next. So yeah, a lot of folk are a little pissed off.

The Iraqi government kicked the vast majority of the Americans out because the occupation was a complete disaster with large scale murder and looting by American forces.

As usual you are not only slightly wrong but 180 degrees completely wrong.

Edited by Detournement

Apparently Trump is raging because he didn't know his new Chief of Staff called him a terrible human being shortly before the election.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-next-chief-of-staff-called-him-a-terrible-human-being-just-before-he-was-elected-president