The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Trump surrounded himself with idiots. Criminal idiots, at that.

I'm not sure he is an idiot. He just didn't think the USA would turn on him.

He is a crazy racist though

"We are facing another 'ism,' just like we faced Nazism, and fascism, and imperialism and communism," Flynn said. "This is Islamism, it is a vicious cancer inside the body of 1.7 billion people on this planet and it has to be excised."

At it's core this a clash between maniacs like Flynn and Bannon who think it's a good idea to ally with Russia to take on China and maniacs like John McCain and Dick Cheney who want America vs the whole world.

The FBI have admitted that (i) they encouraged him not have a lawyer (ii) they didn't make it clear he was being interviewed as part of an ongoing investigations (iii) they didn't warn him about the consequences of not telling the truth (iiii) prior to the meeting they agreed a strategy designed to encourage him to perjure himself.

It's funny because he's a war criminal p***k. But if you look at it from the Imperial POV the FBI have done a number on him.

The FBI have admitted that (i) they encouraged him not have a lawyer (ii) they didn't make it clear he was being interviewed as part of an ongoing investigations (iii) they didn't warn him about the consequences of not telling the truth (iiii) prior to the meeting they agreed a strategy designed to encourage him to perjure himself.
It's funny because he's a war criminal p***k. But if you look at it from the Imperial POV the FBI have done a number on him.

That is about weakest argument I've ever heard. He didn't know lying to the biggest and most famous law enforcement agency in the World would have been a problem?

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That is about weakest argument I've ever heard. He didn't know lying to the biggest and most famous law enforcement agency in the World would have been a problem?

And as a guy who used to be Director of the Defence Intelligence Agency. :lol: Could be wrong about this, but I think he lied about undermining the serving President's sanctions on the day they were announced on Russia by talking to the Russian Ambassador and telling him not to worry, Trump would sort it out. And telling the FBI he didn't. There was something about him offering to kidnap a Turkish dissident who is resident in America and smuggle him to Turkey, but that seems to have been quietly forgotten in the charges.

Edited by welshbairn