The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Stunned to learn that detaining kids in cages gets folk a bit "wound up". 
It would be much better if our elected officials and high profile business leaders who regularly get an audience with him challenged him directly on this.
Handful of people with blimps and tin drums just ammuses him and gives him much more publicity. What would get to him more would be if people just ignored him.. That would really get on his wick.

Or get so wound up that you bang a DIY drum outside the US ambassadors residence in London

“wound up” by the President of the USA? The protestors are largely Harry Potter libs out for a jolly but they aren’t protesting some dweeb with 5000 followers on Twitter. The man with the misfiring brain has real power at his disposal.

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
As a matter of interest, how politically active are you?  Or do you limit youself to posting on P&B whilst criticising those who are actually willing to get off their arses?

Member of SNP, leaflet dropped at independence referendum and GE. Let my membership elapse but have rejoined. I've never banged a drum outside any ambassadors house when I know it will make f**k all difference.. Like to feel any canvassing I have done has made a difference.

It took years to overthrow apartheid, but the leaders of the anti-apartheid movement acknowledged that it was not a single action but multiple, concerted actions across the globe that eventually led to the downfall of that regime. 

People who took part in anti-apartheid demonstrations were often criticised for actions such as banging drums outside an ambassador's house.  As someone who took part in such demonstrations I'm glad we ignored folk like you.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

it's your duty to respect the office.  

Utter nonsense. The only duty I have is to provide for and protect my family. I don't have a duty to respect anyone or anything. Respect is earned, not granted.

One more duty - to tell you again that you're an absolute moron.

It took years to overthrow apartheid, but the leaders of the anti-apartheid movement acknowledged that it was not a single action but multiple, concerted actions across the globe that eventually led to the downfall of that regime.  People who took part in anti-apartheid demonstrations were often criticised for actions such as banging drums outside an ambassador's house.  As someone who took part in such demonstrations I'm glad we ignored folk like you.

No worries GD. Here was me thinking you were sunning yourself in Lanzarote and riding a camel pre run into 2015 GE election. I was doing a lot of campaigning at that point. Re. Your apartheid comment, complete apples and oranges. Apartheid was a disgrace, Trump can be voted out in 2 yrs

16 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Peppino going balls deep for the 'special relationship' here. Always had him down as a bit of a harmless dafty but never new he was an imperialist bootlicker.

SAD

FTFY  :lol:

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The big galoot is due to arrive at Prestwick at 7.40pm 

https://factba.se/topic/calendar

Hopefully the flight is delayed by about 20 minutes, they have to fly over Rugby Park and a Kris Boyd shot gets lodged in an engine.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Utter nonsense. The only duty I have is to provide for and protect my family. I don't have a duty to respect anyone or anything. Respect is earned, not granted.

One more duty - to tell you again that you're an absolute moron.

You're not first minister you utter clown.  Good job reading.

From that Sun article:

Mr Trump added: “You know, a poll just came out that I am the most popular person in the history of the Republican Party — 92 per cent. Beating Lincoln. I beat our Honest Abe."

He seems to be confusing a recent poll that shows 90% of Republicans approve of him and extending that to claim it was a vote on every Republican President ever. Lincoln also died about 80 years before Presidential polling even took place :lol:

How insecure do you have to be to turn everything into a popularity contest and to make yourself look better than someone else?

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Like to feel any canvassing I have done has made a difference.

Your canvassing on here has almost changed my mind. But not quite.

Edited by thisal

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

From that Sun article:

He seems to be confusing a recent poll that shows 90% of Republicans approve of him and extending that to claim it was a vote on every Republican President ever. Lincoln also died about 80 years before Presidential polling even took place :lol:

How insecure do you have to be to turn everything into a popularity contest and to make yourself look better than someone else?

And gauge international relations by whether foriegn leaders say nice things about you. He's the cartoon version of a senile dictator of a banana republic. 

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

From that Sun article:

The guy lies.  About everything.

The problem is threefold: firstly, he is often not fact checked; secondly, it becomes so common place the shock that should be generated by such blatant lying looses all impact; thirdly, his base is not informed, they only watch Fox News.

He uses lying to obfuscate; hopefully the Mueller probe will begin to cut through the mire and bring some justice.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The problem is threefold: firstly, he is often not fact checked;

Just on this point he is fact checked a lot by Politifact. Here is his file and a recent fact check of his NATO speech the other day:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/jul/12/fact-checking-president-trumps-nato-summit-news-co/

Unsurprisingly he, as you say, lies a lot.

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

Just on this point he is fact checked a lot by Politifact. Here is his file and a recent fact check of his NATO speech the other day:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/jul/12/fact-checking-president-trumps-nato-summit-news-co/

Unsurprisingly he, as you say, lies a lot.

Fair point.  I should have said the MSM, where most folk get their news from, often repeat his statements/tweets without pointing out the inaccuracies.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fair point.  I should have said the MSM, where most folk get their news from, often repeat his statements/tweets without pointing out the inaccuracies.

The New York Times listed them many lies ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

2 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

seen a few people on my twitter time line upset about trump protests , you've got to be a special kind of w****r to be a trump supporter 

2 hours ago, banana said:

^^^triggered

^^^ special kind of w****r

Trump is a petulant child, a vile racist and a complete moron. There was no doubt regarding his stupidity anyway, but the statement that "Boris Johnson  would make a great Prime Minister" absolutely 100% confirms it.