The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

4 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I've not clicked these links yet, is Candace Owens your one who was on Joe Rogan, saying "like" every three words and talking about how she doesn't believe in climate change?

If so, I'll pass. It's ironic how much the right talk about identity politics, given the number of not particularly bright conservative pundits trading on nothing but their identity.

Dave Rubin is the worst for me.

A MONUMENTALLY stupid man who is totally against "identity politics", except when he gets called out for his lolbertarian talking points surrounding civil rights and says "I'm gay, I'm married to a man" to deflect any criticism.

I did enjoy though when he said Jesus "was around a lot of Muslims" because he lived in the Middle East.

17 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Apparently 5000 police officers will be used for his visit.
If you assume that these 5000 will not solely be from Scotland but from across the UK then Scotland is paying England for use of it's police for a state visit that they did't want.

Mastermind will be along shortly to tell us that this is a good thing.

BBC said it would be 5,000 officers from Scotland plus additional officers from England.

Edited by Jute

21 hours ago, madwullie said:

If a big hitting donor fancies chucking a few hundred k at the republicans they'll be quite happy to challenge roe vs wade. Plus it it would  be ditching something Obama supported and would own the libs so its a win win win for the fat orange c**t 

A few hundred K? Right wing donors are spending hundreds of millions every single year to shape the political system to their will.  

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

A few hundred K? SCREWBALL EVANGELICAL Right wing donors are spending hundreds of millions every single year to shape the political system to their will.  

And there, Detournement, is why Roe v Wade will be overturned lickety split.

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

And there, Detournement, is why Roe v Wade will be overturned lickety split.

The Kochs, Waltons, Adelson, Fords etc don't give a f**k about religion.

These decisions were made by the court - and the cases only made it to the court - because public opinion swung behind them. It would be unprecedented for the court to make an unpopular ruling that directly takes rights away from people. Citizens United or gutting the voting rights act doesn't directly impact individuals.  Reversing Roe vs Wade would be a political earthquake, why would the Oligarchs and their puppets do that when they already have everything they want?