The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

10 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The problem with people who dismiss everything they don't like as "fake news" is a lot of them seem to fill the void by listening to folk who think school shootings are staged. Hard to know where media and journalism goes from here.

Yeah agree with your post especially this bit. It's now far too easy to brush off a story someone doesn't like because it doesn't match their viewpoint as fake news. It's far, far too easy to get an utterly spurious story out there because a lot of people who sympathise with it will just nod and agree no questions asked.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s pretty naive.  

There is nothing to be gained from reversing Roe vs Wade for the people actually control the American right. Abortion and gay rights are useful for the powerful as issues which can be used to manipulate religious nutters but as issues themselves they are irrelevant to the Oligarchy.

The issues the Oligarchs care about are their rights to exploit workers, manipulate elections, buy politicians and destroy the environment for profit. Reversing Roe vs Wade and Gay Marriage would radicalise large sections of the electorate, it's not going to happen without a huge shift in social attitudes.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There is nothing to be gained from reversing Roe vs Wade for the people actually control the American right. Abortion and gay rights are useful for the powerful as issues which can be used to manipulate religious nutters but as issues themselves they are irrelevant to the Oligarchy.

The issues the Oligarchs care about are their rights to exploit workers, manipulate elections, buy politicians and destroy the environment for profit. Reversing Roe vs Wade and Gay Marriage would radicalise large sections of the electorate, it's not going to happen without a huge shift in social attitudes.

If right wing politicians want to get re-elected they will pursue populist policies to retain support from their ‘base’.  

There are many right wing Evangelicals that question Trump’s personal morality (or at least say they do) but will continue to support him if he continues to push on abortion and gay issues.

True but there is a big difference between rabble rousing in red states and implementing a law that would be unpopular on a historical scale.

Republicans will continue to manipulate religious loons but they won't risk radicalising docile mainstream voters.

There is nothing to be gained from reversing Roe vs Wade for the people actually control the American right. Abortion and gay rights are useful for the powerful as issues which can be used to manipulate religious nutters but as issues themselves they are irrelevant to the Oligarchy. The issues the Oligarchs care about are their rights to exploit workers, manipulate elections, buy politicians and destroy the environment for profit. Reversing Roe vs Wade and Gay Marriage would radicalise large sections of the electorate, it's not going to happen without a huge shift in social attitudes.

It’s one of the main issues which liberals will get really up in arms about. Look at Kevin D Williamson getting sacked from the Atlantic when people proved he’d doubled down on his belief that women who have abortions should be hanged.

I've not clicked these links yet, is Candace Owens your one who was on Joe Rogan, saying "like" every three words and talking about how she doesn't believe in climate change?

If so, I'll pass. It's ironic how much the right talk about identity politics, given the number of not particularly bright conservative pundits trading on nothing but their identity.

Trumps visit to Scotland set to cost police scotland circa £5million so he can play golf, UK government who invited him here refusing to pay the bill despite paying English forces from central funds for their expense occurred. The result being PS has to use £5million of its funds from next year, money which could pay for 220 police officers salaries. Better together eh.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Trumps visit to Scotland set to cost police scotland circa £5million so he can play golf, UK government who invited him here refusing to pay the bill despite paying English forces from central funds for their expense occurred. The result being PS has to use £5million of its funds from next year, money which could pay for 220 police officers salaries. Better together eh.

Apparently 5000 police officers will be used for his visit.
If you assume that these 5000 will not solely be from Scotland but from across the UK then Scotland is paying England for use of it's police for a state visit that they did't want.

Mastermind will be along shortly to tell us that this is a good thing.

Apparently 5000 police officers will be used for his visit.
If you assume that these 5000 will not solely be from Scotland but from across the UK then Scotland is paying England for use of it's police for a state visit that they did't want.
Mastermind will be along shortly to tell us that this is a good thing.

I have it on good authority that the 5000 will actually be from Police Scotland and there may be more from other parts of the UK. Apparently Trump hasnt decided if he’s coming to Scotland yet so they’ll have to spend a fortune planning incase even if he doesnt come.
Apparently not being classed as a state visit if he comes to Scotland so that means Scottish tax payers solely pay the bill including the cost of cops from England.

6 hours ago, banana said:

Of course I watched it, Hends. I've watched a decent amount of the black lady's (Candace Owens) output since the time of her very first video when she was a YouTube nobody. I've been following her rise.

The 'Progressive'/Democrat 'black plantation' framing is her own :)

Reread your post, will you admit to how mistaken you are?

Well.

First of all, the Fox segment in your original post is about 'conservative women under attack'. Which refers to Huckabee Sanders being refused dinner and a couple of others being heckled. Owens quite clearly states 'if you attack other women, you're not a feminist'. Are you seriously telling us you agree with this position ? That you can't be a feminist and call out other women for their views or actions. Its very much the kind of thing you would be against.

The next part is just bizarre.

Drawing equivalency between kids getting chucked in cages and black single mothers. Claiming that her opponent doesn't care about black single mothers, whilst in the same breath saying that they receive more funding. Claiming to speak for the black community.

Crazy stuff tbh. Propaganda m9, but what can you do ? There's folk out there that'll swallow that whole.

I'm at work so I'll watch the videos later. I'm quite aware of who Owens is though, so I'm sure there'll be plenty holes in her arguments  for me to pick at.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Scottish Government should step in and stop this.  Using legislation if necessary.

Scottish Government should step in and stop this.  Using legislation if necessary.

There is no legislation they can use, he falls under the auspices of a ‘protected person’ so certain things have to be put in place.
I just wonder what services may have to be cut from an organisation already struggling to fund the visit of a scumbag.

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There is no legislation they can use, he falls under the auspices of a ‘protected person’ so certain things have to be put in place.
I just wonder what services may have to be cut from an organisation already struggling to fund the visit of a scumbag.

Are you saying it is a U.K. government matter?  If not it is a Scottish government matter.

If a big hitting donor fancies chucking a few hundred k at the republicans they'll be quite happy to challenge roe vs wade. Plus it it would  be ditching something Obama supported and would own the libs so its a win win win for the fat orange c**t 

28 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Cutting dawn raids on football fans and not kicking black men to death in police stations would save some cash.