The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

A massive win for the left in the NY Democrat primary. 28 year old Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez beat Jim Crowley. 

Here's her platform.

IMG_20180627_141517.thumb.jpg.543c935dfb8919c05e7e73af2195979f.jpg

This is turning into a bit of a pattern, November could be interesting. Passion and big turnout from the left, but will the centre and independents stay at home or vote "anything but Trump"?

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

This is turning into a bit of a pattern, November could be interesting. Passion and big turnout from the left, but will the centre and independents stay at home or vote "anything but Trump"?

It remains to be seen. What was also interesting about this primary was that Cortez managed to push Crowley left on stuff like healthcare and a living wage. All from a crowd funded campaign whilst she was never even interviewed by the NY Times despite this being the first primary challenge in 14 years.

This might end up being a pretty significant moment in American politics.

On other news, Trumpets believe that Donald tells the truth at least once every 3.4 days. And Fox manages it nearly every weekend when Trump is playing golf at Mar-a- Lago.  There is straight undeniable evidence of Trump lying nearly or probably every day he's been in office. I'd like to hear about a single falsehood the MSM have told in that time without immediately apologising and retracting it. And I doubt there were more than a handful of times they got it wrong. Trumpets believing something doesn't make it true.

It remains to be seen. What was also interesting about this primary was that Cortez managed to push Crowley left on stuff like healthcare and a living wage. All from a crowd funded campaign whilst she was never even interviewed by the NY Times despite this being the first primary challenge in 14 years.

This might end up being a pretty significant moment in American politics.

The more significant one is dickhead being given another Supreme Court pick. Cheerio Roe vs Wade, sayonara marriage equality. Not that Trump gives a flying shite - I'd lay good money that he's paid off more than one woman to get shot of his byproduct - but the lunatic right gon jump on this like a bouncy castle at a playgroup.

I'm not as clued up on American politics as I could be, but the Supreme Court thing just makes no sense to me. Surely no matter what a judge's personal opinions are, Roe v Wade is the precedent that determines that a woman had the right to choose, and the only way a law can say otherwise is surely through an act of congress? Surely it shouldn't matter who is on the bench, just that they uphold all laws as they are currently written?

6 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

The more significant one is dickhead being given another Supreme Court pick. Cheerio Roe vs Wade, sayonara marriage equality. Not that Trump gives a flying shite - I'd lay good money that he's paid off more than one woman to get shot of his byproduct - but the lunatic right gon jump on this like a bouncy castle at a playgroup.

There is no money in reversing gay marriage or Roe vs Wade so it won't happen. 

Edited by Detournement

Interesting graphic from banana TBF. The issue of fake news and deliberately misleading statements is a concern in today's politics. Fact checking websites like The Ferret, Full Fact and Politifact are really good reads to combat some of this misinformation. However in my view it tends to be the right that suffer more from this fake news.

Fox of course is no stranger to spreading lies and here is just another example which the right seems to be using as a defence of Trump and his child separation policy.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/19/matt-schlapp/no-donald-trumps-separation-immigrant-families-was/

On 27/06/2018 at 09:42, banana said:

Woke black lady who dared to go off the 'Progressive's black plantation giving a proper teltin to the usual middle-class racist feminist over child separation.

#trump2020

Lol.

You didn't even watch this video before you posted it did you ? You just wanted an excuse to use the progressive plantation thing when you clocked the black 'conservative' shouting at the 'liberal'.

You must have some sort of bet going where you have to try and shoehorn 'progressive' into every post. As a result it's showing you up as being a massive hypocrite.

A lot of folk get upset on this forum when posters reply to your posts, never mind the posts themselves. Although I pretty much disagree with almost everything you say, I genuinely think that on rare occasions you do start some thought provoking stuff.

Your recent output is fucking woeful though.

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm not as clued up on American politics as I could be, but the Supreme Court thing just makes no sense to me. Surely no matter what a judge's personal opinions are, Roe v Wade is the precedent that determines that a woman had the right to choose, and the only way a law can say otherwise is surely through an act of congress? Surely it shouldn't matter who is on the bench, just that they uphold all laws as they are currently written?

I think you’re mixing up what should be and what is.  Conventions have gone out the window.

The Supreme Court is highly politicised; far more now than at any time in the past.

The fact that this is happening at a time when the population is divided like never before and at a time when right-wing populism is rampant is frightening.

48 minutes ago, RiG said:

Interesting graphic from banana TBF. The issue of fake news and deliberately misleading statements is a concern in today's politics. Fact checking websites like The Ferret, Full Fact and Politifact are really good reads to combat some of this misinformation. However in my view it tends to be the right that suffer more from this fake news.

Fox of course is no stranger to spreading lies and here is just another example which the right seems to be using as a defence of Trump and his child separation policy.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/19/matt-schlapp/no-donald-trumps-separation-immigrant-families-was/

You do have to question the intelligence of anyone who completely trusts the media. There isn't  a media outlet I've came across that isn't shamelessly agenda-driven at some level. The "MSM" have to take some of the blame for the loss of public trust.

The problem with people who dismiss everything they don't like as "fake news" is a lot of them seem to fill the void by listening to folk who think school shootings are staged. Hard to know where media and journalism goes from here.

I think you’re mixing up what should be and what is.  Conventions have gone out the window.
The Supreme Court is highly politicised; far more now than at any time in the past.
The fact that this is happening at a time when the population is divided like never before and at a time when right-wing populism is rampant is frightening.

No I get it's polarised like nothing else in American history since slavery, I just don't understand the machinations of it. What role do the judges actually have in policy and does it ultimately matter who believes what? Is much rather judges based their verdicts on the individual case in front of them rather than based on their personal values anyway.

19 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Lol.

You didn't even watch this video before you posted it did you ? You just wanted an excuse to use the progressive plantation thing when you clocked the black 'conservative' shouting at the 'liberal'.

You must have some sort of bet going where you have to try and shoehorn 'progressive' into every post. As a result it's showing you up as being a massive hypocrite.

A lot of folk get upset on this forum when posters reply to your posts, never mind the posts themselves. Although I pretty much disagree with almost everything you say, I genuinely think that on rare occasions you do start some thought provoking stuff.

Your recent output is fucking woeful though.

Of course I watched it, Hends. I've watched a decent amount of the black lady's (Candace Owens) output since the time of her very first video when she was a YouTube nobody. I've been following her rise.

The 'Progressive'/Democrat 'black plantation' framing is her own :)

Reread your post, will you admit to how mistaken you are?