The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

14 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I can't speak for everyone's motivations (and I certainly don't  mean you TBR) but I reckon a lot of the people planning to protest this would do well to remember that the UK has been run by absolute scumbags for years. 

I find it slightly irritating that so many folk here are invested in US politics (be it hating the likes of Trump/Bush or licking the hole off Obama) whilst our own leaders seem to the most teflon gang of chancers going.

The point about the awkieness he causes May is so true though. If he's good for one thing, it's making Britain look like a bunch of desperate losers.

I can’t think of any posters on here who give Trump a hard time whilst taking it easy on domestic politicians.

I think the reason we are invested in US politics is twofold.  Firstly it’s in recognition of the US’s strength and importance in world politics; and Trump is such a c**t and so unfit for high office.

I have no issues with folk protesting Trump’s visit and I cannot see how such protests will distract from May’s obsequiousness.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I can’t think of any posters on here who give Trump a hard time whilst taking it easy on domestic politicians.

I think the reason we are invested in US politics is twofold.  Firstly it’s in recognition of the US’s strength and importance in world politics; and Trump is such a c**t and so unfit for high office.

I have no issues with folk protesting Trump’s visit and I cannot see how such protests will distract from May’s obsequiousness.

This.  Plus im sure most folk who think May et al are c***s probably express this opinion at the ballot box.

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I didn't word that very clearly. By 'here' I mean the UK, not P&B. It goes without saying that we're all a pretty opinionated bunch on all kinds of topics.

Nothing wrong with caring about, or taking a position on, global politics. My only objection with the "our PM shouldn't lower herself to hosting Trump" argument is the idea that there is any high ground for her to come down from in the first place. 

Once we have even remotely decent political leadership ourself, I'll start caring about who they invite over to stay.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

He makes capital out of his heritage and his apparent importance to our economy in Scotland. 

Scotland needs to make clear that he can shove his heritage and his golf courses right up his arse. He's a c**t and he's not welcome. He's the embodiment of everything we should strive to avoid. Sooner he's dead or in jail the better.

Melania's jacket (I'm not linking, even the Daily Mail seems upset) leaves literally only two options:

1. This is, hands down, the least sentient administration of any country, ever

2. We've been sucked into a racist Truman Show and in 28 months they let us out and pour us a pint.

42 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Melania's jacket (I'm not linking, even the Daily Mail seems upset) leaves literally only two options:

1. This is, hands down, the least sentient administration of any country, ever

2. We've been sucked into a racist Truman Show and in 28 months they let us out and pour us a pint.

I think she's trolling hubby myself. And the media a bit, probably.

2-split27.jpg?w=1000&h=562&crop=1

38 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I’m not sure Melania Trump, the woman who chose to marry Donald Trump, is a good person.

We all do things we really shouldn't for money. You work for a bookmaker I believe. I've worked for companies whose raison d'etre is creating climate change, in a bad way.

Just now, welshbairn said:

We all do things we really shouldn't for money. You work for a bookmaker I believe. I've worked for companies whose raison d'etre is creating climate change, in a bad way.

Loving this idea that Melania was about to get flung off welfare so married the first decrepit old dickhead she could. Tbf, she must've taken one look at his diet and thought "I'll be out of here in six months."

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Loving this idea that Melania was about to get flung off welfare so married the first decrepit old dickhead she could. Tbf, she must've taken one look at his diet and thought "I'll be out of here in six months."

She clearly loves the bling. With her quarters in the West Wing locked to the Donald (by all accounts), maybe she thought it would be worth it. Don't think she's the full blown Stepford Wife though, I'm hoping for further subtle subversion from her.

All Countries should have a border policy. They let in who they think are suitable.  Keep out who they think aren't. 

Open borders?

If someone rapped on your door and asked to walk into your home would you let them? 

Don't think so. 

35 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

All Countries should have a border policy. They let in who they think are suitable.  Keep out who they think aren't. 

Open borders?

If someone rapped on your door and asked to walk into your home would you let them? 

Don't think so. 

That's a terribly simplistic argument to make with a pretty shit analogy thrown in.

Please try again.

3 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

No. I have no criminal record.

Unlike some of those that the left wing want to let in. Unchecked. 

Who? If you want the borders to be treated like your front door, it's only fair that your local community should be able to control when you're allowed to leave your house. After due investigations.

Edited by welshbairn

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Who? If you want the borders to be treated like your front door, it's only fair that your local community should be able to control when you're allowed to leave your house. After due investigations.

That is what your Government does.

Voted by the local Community.