The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Trump has apparently been denied access to email as well being banned off every form of social media.

I don't think we will recognise the internet by the end of the Biden term.

Yeah. In the early days of the internet people were allowed recruit for mass violence and the mods did nothing...

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Yeah. In the early days of the internet people were allowed recruit for mass violence and the mods did nothing...

Who are the mods?

Google and Amazon crushed Parler today via Monopoly power. The reality is that Bezos, Zuckerberg, Gates and Dorsey now control the internet and the vast majority of private communication. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Who are the mods?

Google and Amazon crushed Parler today via Monopoly power. The reality is that Bezos, Zuckerberg, Gates and Dorsey now control the internet and the vast majority of private communication. 

There are other hosts and services. None of them are required to host criminal activity.

They can host their own server and there is nothing anyone could do. And don't buy into not being able to do that. Lots of decently large websites run on their own hardware.

After years of blaming the government for every last mortal thing they don't like; a lot of Republicans are having trouble wrapping their heads around the idea that private businesses are under no obligation to allow hate speech on their platforms. The "this is a violation of the 1st amendment" lie isn't gaining much traction but over the last couple of days, I've seen a lot of complaints about "Big Tech" being the enemy of the people.

Just one example:

What Does Big Tech Know About You? Basically Everything

Security Baron examined the privacy policies of Facebook, Google, Apple, Twitter, Amazon, and Microsoft and put together a handy infographic showing the types of data each company admits to collecting.

00xZfDSOGvKfS9euP701qj5-4.1569484411.fit_lim.fit_lim.size_1060x.png

Funny how that never bothered them until this week. It conveniently overlooks the point that every detail on this graphic was voluntarily provided by you to them. They make it sound as if it's been stolen from you. And if a Democrat Administration ever tried to pass legislation to prevent "Big Tech" from collecting this data, the Repubs would squeal like stuck pigs over the very idea of Government interference with private businesses.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Who are the mods?

Too easy.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

First of all, they didn't "crush" them. They simply enforced the rules Parler's founders agreed to when they signed up.

And until this week; I've never heard a conservative express a negative opinion about monopolies. Quite the reverse in fact.

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

Too easy.

First of all, they didn't "crush" them. They simply enforced the rules Parler's founders agreed to when they signed up.

And until this week; I've never heard a conservative express a negative opinion about monopolies. Quite the reverse in fact.

Detournament is a fucking nut job.  You do realise that don’t you?

I use Google, Amazon and Microsoft and I've never had to give my phone number, despite repeated requests. Don't think they've asked me for my gender either. I just assume they know that anyway, along with pretty much everything I do and where I am when my phone's in my pocket or I'm on the net. Daftest thing is people worrying about Bill Gates monitoring them with a chip in the vaccine when they're chatting on Facebook about it.

Parler can't have incited as much violence as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. There have been dozens of murders live on Facebook, YouTube is the number one radicalisation platform and Twitter is at the forefront of every riot. 

When the Arab Spring was happening the ability of social media to provoke and coordinate violent uprising was the best thing since sliced bread!

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Detournament is a fucking nut job.  You do realise that don’t you?

I'm not a nutjob I've just got a different perspective on society and politics and life from you which you seem to find difficult to comprehend. 

I'm in my 30s and live in a flat. You are in your 70s and have an indoor heated pool. We are naturally going to clash. 

There's a real primary school feel to this social media banning thing. Nobody has to like you, nobody has to listen to you, nobody has to invite you to their party. Lessons that most folk learn before they hit their teenage years.

At some point you have to accept that, if popularity is important to you, you're going to have to stop being such a massive entitled c**t.

I'm not a nutjob I've just got a different perspective on society and politics and life from you which you seem to find difficult to comprehend. 
I'm in my 30s and live in a flat. You are in your 70s and have an indoor heated pool. We are naturally going to clash. 

Old man gd has a heated pool?

Tory b*****d.

55 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Who are the mods?

Can you not phone folk up, like? 

It will be interesting to see the charges brought against the insurgents and the sentences handed out.  Crimes carried out in D.C. are (I believe) dealt with by federal authorities.  This would suggest pressure could be applied by the new President’s team; it will be interesting to see if the actions follow the rhetoric.
Minimum 10 years for damaging federal buildings, courtesy of Trumps executive order after the BLM protests.

17 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
It will be interesting to see the charges brought against the insurgents and the sentences handed out.  Crimes carried out in D.C. are (I believe) dealt with by federal authorities.  This would suggest pressure could be applied by the new President’s team; it will be interesting to see if the actions follow the rhetoric.

Minimum 10 years for damaging federal buildings, courtesy of Trumps executive order after the BLM protests.

LAW AND ORDER!

32 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This didn't actually happen btw.