The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I really struggle to understand how any right minded folks can vote for the Tango man to get in again. I listen to the Americast pod and have enjoyed their insight, their interviews with undecided voters and some staunch Republicans are worrying. To hear folks actually say that they hate Trump, what he's done to the Republican party, how he's dealt with COVID, how he's running the country and dealing with things but say that they just have to vote for him as they can't let Biden in as he's 'liberal' is nuts. If you hate him that much don't vote, at least that way you've not voted the other guy in..

This is usually worth a listen too. Tries to be neutral but it can get pretty brutal.

https://abcaudio.com/podcasts/powerhouse-politics/

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

It’s funny that half the off the cuff statements he gives actually makes him sound much better. Thinking of this and him trying to order milkshakes during intelligence briefings.

You don't get as far as he has without getting on with people one to one, at least till you've got what you need out of them.

39 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This is usually worth a listen too. Tries to be neutral but it can get pretty brutal.

https://abcaudio.com/podcasts/powerhouse-politics/

Cheers!

I sometimes switch on to CNN in the evenings and it's normally Jake Tapper that's on. It's still not neutral in anyway but watching interview Republicans is always good for a laugh, his interview with Mark Meadows over the weekend was something else.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I wonder if this happened then who would still go for it. I think Sanders would. Trump would cause he definitely thinks he could talk his way out of it.

It would guarantee only geriatrics standing, the likes of Pete  Buttigieg  wouldn't even think about it. Which would take a bit of pressure of spell check.

That's Barrett confirmed and sworn in to the US Supreme Court. This is the result of Democrats being shite bags when they controlled the houses. RBG shares plenty of the blame too for her stubbornness and insistence that she would stay on the bench til her dying breath. She should have retired early in Obama's term when she could have been replaced by a Liberal in their 30s.

If Biden wins and takes the Senate, he has to pack the Court. f**k convention and f**k consensus. Trying to do things by the book have left the country in a perilous position that will reset decades of social progress. Everything that can be done to block those lunatics from overturning everything needs to be done.

31 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

That's Barrett confirmed and sworn in to the US Supreme Court. This is the result of Democrats being shite bags when they controlled the houses. RBG shares plenty of the blame too for her stubbornness and insistence that she would stay on the bench til her dying breath. She should have retired early in Obama's term when she could have been replaced by a Liberal in their 30s.

If Biden wins and takes the Senate, he has to pack the Court. f**k convention and f**k consensus. Trying to do things by the book have left the country in a perilous position that will reset decades of social progress. Everything that can be done to block those lunatics from overturning everything needs to be done.

I quite agree. However the Dems could teach UK Labour a few things about being utter shitebags so I doubt any of that will happen sadly. 

28 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Only 600?

Not necessarily referring to this story but I've noticed a slant to the right in reading random Newsnight stories recently. There's a South Korean Christian evangelist who has some connection with the new owners. The article might be straight up but there's a slight whiff of McCarthyism about it. For instance, " there are 265 Chinese Student and Scholar Associations for the approximately 300,000 Chinese students in the U.S.". Gosh.

Lindsay Lindsey Graham gloating "mission accomplished" regarding the appointment of Amy Coney Barrett (before begging for money for the umpteenth time on Fox News) made me realise I probably despise him more than Trump. 

Trump has always been the way he is but Graham seems to have pulled a complete heel turn showing staggering hypocrisy along the way to become a vile, boot licking cretin. Another four years of Trump would be terrible but, as I think I've mentioned in this thread, if Graham got emptied into the street I'd be consoled to some degree.

Edited by RiG

Like mods for instance?

In the video game Mass Effect the Quarian Council I think could override the democratic decision of the Flotilla once but then they would have to collectively resign. The mods on here should have to do the same any time they ban someone without a sufficiently good explanation.

54 minutes ago, RiG said:

Lindsay Graham gloating "mission accomplished" regarding the appointment of Amy Coney Barrett (before begging for money for the umpteenth time on Fox News) made me realise I probably despise him more than Trump. 

Trump has always been the way he is but Graham seems to have pulled a complete heel turn showing staggering hypocrisy along the way to become a vile, boot licking cretin. Another four years of Trump would be terrible but, as I think I've mentioned in this thread, if Graham got emptied into the street I'd be consoled to some degree.

I'm really hoping for a Portillo moment for that sleazy craven c**t. Hopefully as soon as the exit polls are announced. The polls have been all over the place and don't look too reliable in South Carolina. Even Lou Dobbs on Fox was saying he couldn't understand why any Republican would vote for him.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm really hoping for a Portillo moment for that sleazy craven c**t. Hopefully as soon as the exit polls are announced. The polls have been all over the place and don't look too reliable in South Carolina. Even Lou Dobbs on Fox was saying he couldn't understand why any Republican would vote for him.

South Carolina has trump leading by 5% on an average and he will walk it there

Basic rule of thumb for last week...if the main players arent campaigning its settled.

Florida and Penn state is the action basically 

Just now, doulikefish said:

South Carolina has trump leading by 5% on an average and he will walk it there

Basic rule of thumb for last week...if the main players arent campaigning its settled.

Florida and Penn state is the action basically 

I was meaning the Senate race, it's more up for grabs. The Dem's been ahead in half the recent polls. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/south-carolina/