The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I'd imagine that there's almost no chance that the SG will call this in. Outline planning permission was granted for two courses, houses and all the other stuff years ago so provided this planning application for the second course doesn't detract significantly from what was proposed in the outline application in the 2000s then they won't do anything particularly seeing as it was under their watch that they determined the economic benefits outweighed the negative environmental effects of the development. If they were to call it in and reject it then the environmental damage has already happened and the alleged economic benefits are never realised making their original decision even more laughable.

I would imagine the vast majority would be delighted if it were withdrawn.  Of course, it may be the case of airbases, where most people are in favour of closing the military station, except when it comes to the one that employs family members.

17 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Of the presidents inaugurated during my lifetime, I'd trust Obama and possibly Clinton to pick up my messages.

In Clinton's case, I'd be checking the seals on the foodstuffs.

Obama would send a drone to get them.

Clinton would be shagging the chicken you got for Sunday dinner.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Didn't Nixon repeatedly order nuclear strikes and every time the folk in charge of actually doing it never bothered?

Found this, not sure about repeatedly. https://www.businessinsider.com/drunk-richard-nixon-nuke-north-korea-2017-1?r=US&IR=T

Do remember from the time that Nixon and Kissinger put the order out to carpet bomb Cambodia after a drunken all nighter. Have a memory of passing a tourist bus in Edinburgh as a schoolboy and chanting Cambo, Cambodi, Cambodia OK! after they had a failed mission later on, can't remember the details, some captured plane or something. It was before the horror of Pol Pot. I'm not proud.

Edited by welshbairn

Having followed the US election closely for a few weeks, the number of God-bothering idiots and general fuckwits who will stick by Trump is beginning to give me the fear, especially as Biden's candidacy is hardly something to enthuse over. I spoke recently to two Texas-based colleagues, both technically highly proficient, but when the subject of the election came up (not by me) it was guns, God and Trump in that order. Thank f**k I'm retiring soon.

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Having followed the US election closely for a few weeks, the number of God-bothering idiots and general fuckwits who will stick by Trump is beginning to give me the fear, especially as Biden's candidacy is hardly something to enthuse over. I spoke recently to two Texas-based colleagues, both technically highly proficient, but when the subject of the election came up (not by me) it was guns, God and Trump in that order. Thank f**k I'm retiring soon.

They put their god before Trump? It's progress.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Guns before God could worry even the almighty.. I suspect the hurricane season might have some late surprises down in them there parts. 

Guns bring people closer to god..... or something like that.