The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd be happy to see him bankrupted with Mar-a-Lago, Trump Tower etc seized, and the extended Trump family reduced to sharing a condo in Jacksonville and forced to do a 24/7 reality TV show to pay the bills.

He's been bankrupt three or four times, hasn't he? That's part of his business strategy. He'll have conned idiots into giving him more of their money in no time.

Also, I swear I remember him losing Trump Tower in the Eighties too.

9 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

They said stuff about loads of the outgoing Bush administration going to jail for stuff far worse than Trump ever did and it never happened. He's never going to see any serious trouble.

Trump’s ‘trouble’ might be nothing to do with his Presidency but with his business shenanigans.

10 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

He forms LLCs, takes out a load of loans, lets them go bankrupt without paying anyone, starts up another one. So far, so private equity. Not saying it's great but it's certainly not remarkable  or indeed necessarily illegal.

I mean Bush officials who signed off on torture got no jail time, or even police attention.

He won’t be prosecuted for his legal business dealings, it will be for the illegal ones.

What a truly horrendous family the Trump's are. Cognitive decline apparently makes Lara Trump "uncomfortable". Hope she never has to experience a family member falling victim to the effects of dementia, Alzheimer's etc. if that is her appalling attitude.

7 hours ago, RiG said:

What a truly horrendous family the Trump's are. Cognitive decline apparently makes Lara Trump "uncomfortable". Hope she never has to experience a family member falling victim to the effects of dementia, Alzheimer's etc. if that is her appalling attitude.

It makes me uncomfortable that a guy I wouldn't send to the shop for the messages is going to have a nuclear arsenal at his disposal.

1 hour ago, MacDuffman said:

Trump given permission to build his 2nd golf course in Aberdeen by council. Despite objections by locals. Is this not the opposite of what happened last time. Hopefully government tell him to swivel.

Isn't this the same Council that wouldn't take action against one of it's members being a bit rapey? 

ScotGov reversing that would be absolute banter. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

It makes me uncomfortable that a guy I wouldn't send to the shop for the messages is going to have a nuclear arsenal at his disposal.

Of the presidents inaugurated during my lifetime, I'd trust Obama and possibly Clinton to pick up my messages.

In Clinton's case, I'd be checking the seals on the foodstuffs.

2 hours ago, MacDuffman said:

Trump given permission to build his 2nd golf course in Aberdeen by council. Despite objections by locals. Is this not the opposite of what happened last time. Hopefully government tell him to swivel.

Surely they know that the Scottish Government will openly reject this and thus make themselves look better?
Or are the tory council of Abersheepshire so out of touch that they think we all like Trump?

26 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Surely they know that the Scottish Government will openly reject this and thus make themselves look better?
Or are the tory council of Abersheepshire so out of touch that they think we all like Trump?

I would guess that if the Scottish Government calls this in the Tory/Labour council will portray this as an anti-business/anti-Aberdeenshire action.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Of the presidents inaugurated during my lifetime, I'd trust Obama and possibly Clinton to pick up my messages.

In Clinton's case, I'd be checking the seals on the foodstuffs.

UH, let me be clear. If you like your messages, you can keep them.

7 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I would guess that if the Scottish Government calls this in the Tory/Labour council will portray this as an anti-business/anti-Aberdeenshire action.

I reckon more folk in the area would side with the SG than with the Council.

I'd imagine that there's almost no chance that the SG will call this in. Outline planning permission was granted for two courses, houses and all the other stuff years ago so provided this planning application for the second course doesn't detract significantly from what was proposed in the outline application in the 2000s then they won't do anything particularly seeing as it was under their watch that they determined the economic benefits outweighed the negative environmental effects of the development. If they were to call it in and reject it then the environmental damage has already happened and the alleged economic benefits are never realised making their original decision even more laughable.