The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

I hope to f**k I'm wrong but forgive me for not having too much faith in a geez with faith in magic underpants. 

My bet is him hating Trump even more than he loves his magic underpants. That bit when Trump set him up to beg for the Secretary of State job live on camera at  a dinner table at Trump Towers was brutal.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My bet is him hating Trump even more than he loves his magic underpants. That bit when Trump set him up to beg for the Secretary of State job live on camera at  a dinner table at Trump Towers was brutal.

Well, if he can convince two of Grassley, Gardner or Collins with him that hypocrisy *is* something to be ashamed of, then I'll send him as many binders full of women as he's got space in his bookcase for. 

Edited by carpetmonster

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Well, if he can convince two of Grassley, Gardner or Collins with him that hypocrisy *is* something to be ashamed of, then I'll send him as many binders full of women as he's got space in his bookcase for. 

Hypocrisy has nothing to do with it, they all sold their souls years ago. It's about hating Trump, keeping their seats or trying to get their grandkids to respect them again as they're retiring.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Turns out his love of having a religious maniac on the bench for life outweighs his hatred for Trump

2 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Turns out his love of having a religious maniac on the bench for life outweighs his hatred for Trump

He said there should be a vote, not how he would vote. He might be looking for a McCain moment on the squashing the Affordable Care Act motion.

“The constitution gives the president the power to nominate and the Senate the authority to provide advice and consent on supreme court nominees.

“Accordingly, I intend to follow the constitution and precedent in considering the president’s nominee. If the nominee reaches the Senate floor, I intend to vote based upon their qualifications.”

8 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I hope to f**k I'm wrong but forgive me for not having too much faith in a geez with faith in magic underpants. 

Magic Underpants would be in the top three most effective Trump policy decisions, I reckon. 

On 19/09/2020 at 12:59, welshbairn said:

I'm sure if there is a way to block the vote through legal or extra legal means the Democrats would be looking into it, none of the experts have come up with anything yet. They could always try to disrupt the proceedings or stand outside the Capitol building with "It's Not Fair!" placards, but the vote would be held anyway and Trump would win without 4 defections. 

I get bored of this argument that they're all the same and there's no point in siding with the less bad option, everyone should sit on their hands until Noam Chomsky sweeps to power in his inevitable popular landslide.

The Democrats should put forward a proposal for reconstruction of the Supreme Court. And next year revert to the status quo ante.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Hypocrisy has nothing to do with it, they all sold their souls years ago. It's about hating Trump, keeping their seats or trying to get their grandkids to respect them again as they're retiring.

Any Republican that goes against Trump (or more accurately the ghouls making the decisions in the shadows of Trump (he's fat, folks) is doing so because they've made the wager that he's too compromised and are buying goodwill for down the line when there's an actual threat to their position. Biden isn't so the more rational of them should bide their time but ofc we're in the dumbest timeline so who knows.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The Democrats should put forward a proposal for reconstruction of the Supreme Court. And next year revert to the status quo ante.

The worst position imaginable for Pelosi's Democrats is actually being able to realise the expectations of their base so I wouldn't bet on them doing anything like this. It's hard to work out who's more craven: them or the Labour Right.

On 21/09/2020 at 11:35, SandyCromarty said:

Latest gaffe from the *** Biden is that on a telecast speech he states that 200 million Americans have died due to Covid, the actual figure is 200,000!

Clown against Clown, it's a fuckin joke.

I'm not sure this is the gotcha the GOP think it is.

Yes, Biden is clearly not all there anymore and tbh it's shameful he's even running.

But try playing that on an advert.

"Ha, Joe Biden thinks 200 million Americans died from COVID! What a fool, it's actually only 200,000!"

24 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Yes, Biden is clearly not all there anymore and tbh it's shameful he's even running.

"Ha, Joe Biden thinks 200 million Americans died from COVID! What a fool, it's actually only 200,000!"

This has already happened, albeit on a smaller scale, when Trump mocked Michelle Obama last month for getting the number of deaths wrong in her pre-recorded speech.  

On 18/08/2020 at 14:15, RiG said:

Trump and his mob just don't give a f'ck about the environment one little bit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/17/trump-alaska-arctic-wildlife-refuge-drilling

ETA:

Obama: Too many people have died from this virus under Trump:
Trump: Actually, you look really stupid because this was taped a long time ago and now even more people have died! Ha!

3 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

Trump is already claiming 200,000 was the lower estimate if they did everything properly and that 2 million is where it went wrong. It's good then that that's definitely the case and also Covid is done now.

I reckon Biden is going to win.  I also reckon it’s 50/50 that the Democrats will take the Senate, even if it’s only with Harris’ casting vote.

I can see Trump trying everything, including the SC to resist/overturn this and I see the GOP throwing their weight behind him; it could get messy.

Regardless of the outcome the USA is going to to be a polarised political quagmire for at least the next decade.  There are no honourable Republicans left, they have bought into Trump’s populism.  I can genuinely see a civil war type situation happening in parts of the States.  It’s a frightening prospect.

I reckon Biden is going to win.  I also reckon it’s 50/50 that the Democrats will take the Senate, even if it’s only with Harris’ casting vote.
I can see Trump trying everything, including the SC to resist/overturn this and I see the GOP throwing their weight behind him; it could get messy.
Regardless of the outcome the USA is going to to be a polarised political quagmire for at least the next decade.  There are no honourable Republicans left, they have bought into Trump’s populism.  I can genuinely see a civil war type situation happening in parts of the States.  It’s a frightening prospect.
Article in the Atlantic (very long) which describes in detail what you touch on in your post. I'll admit I know nothing about US politics and the publication is obviously supportive of the Democrats but if there's any truth within the article it's pretty terrifying.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/what-if-trump-refuses-concede/616424/

4 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

Biden beating Trump would be replacing like for like.

So it's down to the highly intelligent American electorate to choose which Clown has the bigger red nose.

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I see Glasgow City FC are going to play with Ginsberg's name on their shirts.

A nice idea but...eh?!

He played Glasgow in 73 so fair do's..

https://allenginsberg.org/2014/11/allen-ginsberg-in-glasgow-scotland-1973/

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Biden beating Trump would be replacing like for like.

So it's down to the highly intelligent American electorate to choose which Clown has the bigger red nose.

No it wouldn’t.  It is genuinely the lesser of two evils and the populism promoted by Trump is genuinely evil and dangerous.