The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

On 02/08/2020 at 00:15, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Nice to see that The Donald has finally run up against a red line for the Republican Party, with this whole "let's delay the election until I can win" idea.

Can't help but wonder if that's less a moral stand to uphold American democracy, and more a tacit admission that they think their boy's toast no matter how much Fergie Time they win for him. Should provide excellent entertainment when he refuses to accept the result and calls for his horde of NRA militia to stand guard outside the White House.

I imagine there are quite a few very nervous Republicans concerned they are going to be taken down with Trump in November. I know there's a separation between voting for the senator and the President, but he must be poisoning candidates' chances, even amongst the ones that are not exactly Trump loyalists. 

May as well at this stage try and save yourself. 

Edited by Michael W

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I imagine there are quite a few very nervous Republicans concerned they are going to be taken down with Trump in November.

May as well at this stage try and save yourself. 

There are very few 'swing seats' in America so losing your seat is a rarity.

If the election is carried out mainly by postal voting it could take a while to get a result as Yanks as useless at counting ballots as we saw in the Dem primaries. You can also guarantee that the GOP are going to be looking to challenge every single postal vote they can in Dem precincts. 

37 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There are very few 'swing seats' in America so losing your seat is a rarity.

If the election is carried out mainly by postal voting it could take a while to get a result as Yanks as useless at counting ballots as we saw in the Dem primaries. You can also guarantee that the GOP are going to be looking to challenge every single postal vote they can in Dem precincts. 

Susan Collins says hi.  Incompetence and cowardice doesn’t tend to sit well with voters.

But this is why a complete blow out is so necessary for Biden.  The GOP are not going to accept the results (unless they somehow win).  It really does require never Trump Republicans to vote Democrat at every conceivable level.

I like how Trump is now getting into the extortion racket with Tik Tok.

You're not getting to do business here unless you sell to an American company. 

And while we're at it, you need to give us a bung to sell your company to Microsoft.

What was it Nixon said? "Well, when the president does it, that means that it is not illegal."

12 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Vote Biden, for a softer and more gentle South American coup.

In the olden days a few suitcases full of cash and keys to seafront Miami villas used to do the trick.

Genuinely unsure as to whether or not Donnie is actually this thick, or just thinks everyone else is.

That's just mind-melting dimwit territory. Has to be at it, surely. Surely.

Trump is claiming that he is being told by his generals that the blast in Lebanon is the result of a bomb.  Of course no one is telling him this.

A pathological, dangerous narcissist who needs to be replaced.  

21 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Genuinely unsure as to whether or not Donnie is actually this thick, or just thinks everyone else is.

That's just mind-melting dimwit territory. Has to be at it, surely. Surely.

I said a while back that my impression of him is that he's so thick that he can't actually conceive of the fact that there are other human beings, even those of average intelligence, who can see right through his baseless claims and illogical bullshit.

I think he genuinely does believe he's hyper-intelligent and thinks on a different, elevated plane to the rest of us.

What is that thing that says the problem with idiots is that they're too stupid to realise they're idiots? Dunning-Kruger?

Trump in a nutshell.

Edited by Boo Khaki

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I said a while back that my impression of him is that he's so thick that he can't actually conceive of the fact that there are other human beings, even those of average intelligence, who can see right through his baseless claims and illogical bullshit.

I think he genuinely does believe he's hyper-intelligent and thinks on a different, elevated plane to the rest of us.

What is that thing that says the problem with idiots is that they're too stupid to realise they're idiots? Dunning-Kruger?

Trump in a nutshell.

He's not thick about manipulating the media, he's bullshitted and blagged his way through bankruptcies, tax fraud, multiple affairs, and lies every day with no comeback. In that sense he's a genius, any other politician would have been toast half way through the primaries. How the f**k he won Florida and Texas after calling Mexicans rapists, thieves and murderers is beyond me.

Edited by welshbairn

Maybe that's says as much or more about the wider American citizenry, and their media, than it does about Trump?

I'm not insinuating that ALL Americans are thick as pigshit racist fuckwits, but in the places I've visited you certainly notice a discrepancy in world-view, and differing levels of engagement, depending on where exactly you are in the country. 

I agree, pissing off Hispanics doesn't seem to be conducive to performing well in either of those States, but then Florida is the US's retirement home, and Texas still has a huge population of 'Good old boy' types, rednecks, and folk who think they live in a perpetual Western movie.

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's not thick about manipulating the media, he's bullshitted and blagged his way through bankruptcies, tax fraud, multiple affairs, and lies every day with no comeback. In that sense he's a genius, any other politician would have been toast half way through the primaries. How the f**k he won Florida and Texas after calling Mexicans rapists, thieves and murderers is beyond me.

Don't forget that some of them, I assume, are good people.

"Hey, he must be talking about me; I'm good people. This guy's OK"

The thing that gave it away for me was when, in 2017, having watched Neo-Nazis and fascists openly marching through US towns, he made a point of refusing outright to condemn them and implied that they were somehow the 'put upon' and just decent folk standing up for themselves. I thought before that point that he was clearly devious and sleekit, but a bit too sure of his own abilities, but that was what confirmed for me that not only was he willing to pander to racists, but he was actually too fucking thick to grasp what was so offensive about them. 

I honestly think it just passes him by. I don't deny that he has a form of cunning that is sufficient to grant him the ability to manipulate and deceive, but I don't believe he actually does understand the ramifications of his actions, the sociological, moral, or ethical implications, or the history of the US and some of the people he's quite happy to offend. 

He's indifferent, malicious, manipulative, and offensive, but he's also thick as fucking pigshit as well.

Trump clearly doesn't have the same level of patter he had in 2016. Back then he was brilliant  at reading audiences/situations and knowing exactly what to say to exploit them which is the basic skill of manipulators/con men. 

He's obviously went into a bit of cognitive decline and when that starts people generally get cranky. We saw the same thing with Biden getting into mad arguments with randoms in the primaries. I'm guessing they will both be shot to the gills with stimulants for the duration of October to keep them lucid.