The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

23 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Yea it’s impossible to gauge which words Trump capitalises or puts in quotation marks. Will look forward to Biden’s staffers trying to draft policy based off his mad tangents like making Portuguese a listed ethnicity or mandating slacks for government employees.

Setting up a department to count the moon. 

50 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

You cannot have even mildly complex discussions with people who lack the ability to read more than a couple of sentences. 

The Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Any attempt to produce a more nuanced and detailed discussion is trolled and derailed by shitposters. 

Thus the gibbering baboons analogy. 

People don't engage with you because you are what a really stupid person thinks a clever person sounds like. 

Couple this with your own, weirdly inflated sense of self importance and inability to construct decent arguments and you've got the perfect recipe for being laughed at tbh. 

Enjoy the Gers win today tho, son. 

18 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Who  needs well constructed arguments when you have empty rhetoric and an angry assertions. 

The gibbering of caged baboons. 

5 hours ago, dorlomin said:

"Its complex"

Caged baboons trying to sound clever:

Cant do complex.

When someone points to the complexity, or obvious errors, or nonsense in posts, they simply affect the air of imperious intellectualism and say crap like "well off course that is not what I meant". It posing. Or to be blunt, the gibbering of caged baboons.

1 hour ago, dorlomin said:

You cannot have even mildly complex discussions with people who lack the ability to read more than a couple of sentences. 

Any attempt to produce a more nuanced and detailed discussion is trolled and derailed by shitposters. 

Thus the gibbering baboons analogy. 

iXR.gif

Yeah, wonder who did it?

Trammell was also a vocal proponent of the Black Lives Matter movement and a supporter of Democratic state Sen. Lena Taylor’s campaign to become Milwaukee mayor.

5 hours ago, JMDP said:

People don't engage with you because you are what a really stupid person thinks a clever person sounds like.

What Kuhn called "incommensurability between paradigms".

Perhaps Trump emerged from a general global trends in western democracies as those with " weirdly inflated sense of self importance and inability to construct decent arguments" state, i.e. some political scientists. Or perhaps Trump was created by Obama "on many levels". I have offered my view with explanations. Others have offered their best efforts:

iXR.gif&key=33daa069cc5316c98fb380d51beb

Perhaps primate biology is not their strong suite.  But hey, every child wins a prize. 

Was Obama a president constrained by realpolitik of the make up of the legislative and the mood of the nation or was he some kind of wastrel who threw away a golden opportunity and created Trump.

My contention is that the political landscape severely constrained the 44th president. His presidency can only be seen in light of the economic and political world it existed in. 

Others disagree, there argument must be brilliant because you all agree with them without seeing them.  

Look at you being all clever on the internet. Strutting around like you are Hegel reborn. ;)

2 hours ago, dorlomin said:

What Kuhn called "incommensurability between paradigms".

Perhaps Trump emerged from a general global trends in western democracies as those with " weirdly inflated sense of self importance and inability to construct decent arguments" state, i.e. some political scientists. Or perhaps Trump was created by Obama "on many levels". I have offered my view with explanations. Others have offered their best efforts:

Perhaps primate biology is not their strong suite.  But hey, every child wins a prize. 

Was Obama a president constrained by realpolitik of the make up of the legislative and the mood of the nation or was he some kind of wastrel who threw away a golden opportunity and created Trump.

My contention is that the political landscape severely constrained the 44th president. His presidency can only be seen in light of the economic and political world it existed in. 

Others disagree, there argument must be brilliant because you all agree with them without seeing them.  

Look at you being all clever on the internet. Strutting around like you are Hegel reborn. ;)

*their

Nice to see that The Donald has finally run up against a red line for the Republican Party, with this whole "let's delay the election until I can win" idea.

Can't help but wonder if that's less a moral stand to uphold American democracy, and more a tacit admission that they think their boy's toast no matter how much Fergie Time they win for him. Should provide excellent entertainment when he refuses to accept the result and calls for his horde of NRA militia to stand guard outside the White House.

Sad that, along with the basic spelling errors, our Great Debater is arguing a strawman for the single purpose of telling himself no one is as clever as he is 😔. Imagine reading what he threw himself two feet into and thinking the poster meant Obama was solely to blame for Trump. 

7 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Nice to see that The Donald has finally run up against a red line for the Republican Party, with this whole "let's delay the election until I can win" idea.

Can't help but wonder if that's less a moral stand to uphold American democracy, and more a tacit admission that they think their boy's toast no matter how much Fergie Time they win for him. Should provide excellent entertainment when he refuses to accept the result and calls for his horde of NRA militia to stand guard outside the White House.

Might work the White House is walled in nowadays so Don doesnt have to hide in a bunker 

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Might work the White House is walled in nowadays so Don doesnt have to hide in a bunker 

I find the whole "might refuse to acknowledge the result" thing a bit weird. Sure, he's the kind of fud who would refuse to acknowledge anything that didn't suit him, but I'm not sure why that seems to worry some political commentators. Surely he'd just find himself lifted out and carried to the kerb with all his possessions, with no further access to any of the levers of power. It's not like he's made himself so popular with the military, or other areas of federal government, that there's any danger whatsoever of finding support for a campaign to rule from Elba.

Not sure which would be most amusing - the militia of Yer Da being summoned to protect Donny's position in the White House, or the sight of our boy being picked up and removed from the premises by a couple of burly Secret Service operatives while Biden waits in the background tapping his watch.

11 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I find the whole "might refuse to acknowledge the result" thing a bit weird. Sure, he's the kind of fud who would refuse to acknowledge anything that didn't suit him, but I'm not sure why that seems to worry some political commentators. Surely he'd just find himself lifted out and carried to the kerb with all his possessions, with no further access to any of the levers of power. It's not like he's made himself so popular with the military, or other areas of federal government, that there's any danger whatsoever of finding support for a campaign to rule from Elba.

Not sure which would be most amusing - the militia of Yer Da being summoned to protect Donny's position in the White House, or the sight of our boy being picked up and removed from the premises by a couple of burly Secret Service operatives while Biden waits in the background tapping his watch.

He isnt going to be a "graceful" loser thats for sure 

59 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

He isnt going to be a "graceful" loser thats for sure 

I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles standing on the steps to welcome his successor. Obama painted a smile on and did his job. Wouldn't surprise me if Trump just funked off to Florida in the huff. 

Just, wow. 

The way it’s shot makes it look like a “The Office” style docucomedy. The content makes it sound like a “The Office” style docucomedy. It continues to be absolutely fucking wild that this is real life and not satire, and that that’s the actual President of United States. What a world.