The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

First tweets of the day will be "fake news that i hid in a bunker"

Yup.  He plays the broadcast media for absolute fools, and they fall for it every time.  

5 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

A newscaster tonight said that on Saturday night the secret service goons took trump to a locked bunker for an hour as they were sick of listening to him dictate his Tweets to Melania.

"280 characters, Donnie!"

FTFY

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Bringing America Together!

He also posted this from a Qanon guy whose since had his account suspended. Probably wasn't very nice.

Pretty sure ANTIFA isn’t an organisation at all but is an umbrella term for antifascist groups. Next he’ll be designating liberal as a terrorist group.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

Pretty sure ANTIFA isn’t an organisation at all but is an umbrella term for antifascist groups. Next he’ll be designating liberal as a terrorist group.

They've already had "wars" on terror and drugs; why not.

I'd like to see the government announce troops being dispatched to combat apathy; the biggest threat to humanity since...oh, you know, that last one. Look it up, I can't be arsed.

3 minutes ago, The OP said:

Also he has no authority to designate any domestic group as terrorist, it's meaningless and has no effect other than dog whistling.

3 hours ago, The OP said:

I wish he would, maybe some would be forced to grow a pair and do something other than argue about what pronoun to use for a trans albino midget with club feet.

Obama saying electoral politics are the solution to this.

Given that he was President with Dem majorities in both houses and nothing changed a lot of people will disagree. You also can't say that the problem with the LAPD is the lack of Democratic voters in Los Angeles or California.

If he means elect officials who might create change through the primary system he might be on to something but he's also a hypocritical p***k after sinking Bernie for Crime Bill Joe. 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Given that he was President with Dem majorities in both houses and nothing changed a lot of people will disagree.

Only for 2 years. Should have forced more through in that time, but made the mistake of looking for cross party support. The other 6 years the Republicans blocked everything, even stuff they agreed with.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Only for 2 years. Should have forced more through in that time, but made the mistake of looking for cross party support. The other 6 years the Republicans blocked everything, even stuff they agreed with.

If they had started with a strong legislative agenda they might have done a bit better in 2010. Everything we know about Obama now suggests that the Change message was bullshit and the real agenda was protecting his Goldman and Citibank mates. 

I've read some really good articles from Obama since he left the Whitehouse that are completely undermined that he did nothing on these issues for eight years. He barely even spoke out on them. Unless he is a total cynic he must consider his Presidency a complete failure. 

I recall saying during the election campaign that the US had two choices. Voting for Trump would be horrendous for the US but good for the rest of the world, and voting for Clinton the opposite. I stand by that view.

14 hours ago, Detournement said:

Obama saying electoral politics are the solution to this.

Given that he was President with Dem majorities in both houses and nothing changed a lot of people will disagree. You also can't say that the problem with the LAPD is the lack of Democratic voters in Los Angeles or California.

If he means elect officials who might create change through the primary system he might be on to something but he's also a hypocritical p***k after sinking Bernie for Crime Bill Joe. 

Crime Bill Joe's response to this has been arguing that the solution to problems with policing is training them to shoot suspects in the leg rather than the chest.

If ever there was a beautiful demonstration of the utter uselessness of the Democrats' love of compromise.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

I recall saying during the election campaign that the US had two choices. Voting for Trump would be horrendous for the US but good for the rest of the world, and voting for Clinton the opposite. I stand by that view.

Trump has been a catastrophe for the world and for the US.  No good has come from him whatsoever.