The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

17 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump needs a hard punch in the pus.  Probably repeated hard punches in the pus.

I accept that this is not the most astute analysis that will be posted on here.  Nonetheless...

I'll punch Trump in the pus for $10,000.

Sorry, but I can't afford to pay any more than that.

8 hours ago, RiG said:

Just something Trump will have seen on TV or Twitter who, despite introducing some fact check alerts for his rubbish about mail in ballots, refuse to take down the Scarborough stuff despite it clearly being in conflict with their policy on fake/misleading information.

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/product/2020/updating-our-approach-to-misleading-information.html

They won't ban the president of the United States.

5 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Fear not, even if he takes the huff and sacks Twitter off, there’s still an absolute patterfest available on his Facebook page. This was shared by the President of the United States yesterday for example:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png absolutely outstanding.

Love that meme, don't think I'll ever get bored of that tune.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We all know Trump is an egotistical self-absorbed cúnt, but what went through Biden’s head to make that remark.

Sewage, mainly.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

They won't ban the president of the United States.

Of course not. Banning an account with 80 million followers would be a bold move for Twitter but allowing such a prominent account to spew out debunked conspiracy theories like the Scarborough one is clearly against the rules that Twitter themselves have put in place and it makes them look moronic.

Trump apparently wants to remove legislation that protects internet companies being sued for content posted on their sites, the so called "26 words that created the Internet", by Executive Order today.

"No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider."

Whether he has the power is another matter, but surely that would just give the likes of Twitter the responsibility for removing malicious and potentially libellous content from Trump's feed? So instead of just referring people to a fact check when he writes nonsense, the thing he's moaning about, they'd be legally obliged to remove it. He probably doesn't have the power to do it anyway, so it's likely he's just throwing shrapnel around to get sympathy from his fans.

Trump apparently wants to remove legislation that protects internet companies being sued for content posted on their sites, the so called "26 words that created the Internet", by Executive Order today.
"No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider."
Whether he has the power is another matter, but surely that would just give the likes of Twitter the responsibility for removing malicious and potentially libellous content from Trump's feed? So instead of just referring people to a fact check when he writes nonsense, the thing he's moaning about, they'd be legally obliged to remove it. He probably doesn't have the power to do it anyway, so it's likely he's just throwing shrapnel around to get sympathy from his fans.

That’s The Donald’s Raison d'être.

On 27/05/2020 at 11:08, Granny Danger said:

Given his age then light dementia is not impossible.  How bad is it, how bad will it be by November?

Why was he allowed by the Democratic Party to become candidate if this is known?

I can just about excuse the American people for voting Trump in once, a second time is unforgivable.  However the Democrats handing this to the Republicans by running a candidate with dementia that has reached a particular stage goes beyond unforgivable.

A couple of months ago any criticism of Corbyn was being met with emotional melt downs and screams of "you want the Tories to win". 

Today it seems we once again live in a world where the obvious flaws in candidates for parties we would rather see win can be discussed. 

Nature is healing itself. ;)

America makes clear that doing anything about China's moves on Hong Kong would be against their economic interests, so they won't.

Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs David Stillwell said on Wednesday the U.S would try to "thread the needle" when it comes to action.

"We're going to do this in a smart way, in a way that takes care of the things and the people we care about, while at the same time letting Beijing know that what they're doing ... contravenes what they agreed to do back in '97," he told reporters.

That may be a challenge.

Hong Kong has long been a regional hub for American businesses drawn by Hong Kong's free-market traditions, the rule of law and civil liberties. Close to 1,400 U.S. firms have operations there, according to the U.S. Consulate. Bilateral trade was nearly $67 billion in 2018, according to the United States Trade Representative, and the stock of U.S. foreign direct investment totaled more than $82 billion in 2017.

"Nearly every major U.S. financial firm maintained a presence in Hong Kong, with hundreds of billions of dollars in assets under management," according to the State Department's 2019 Hong Kong policy report.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/28/864321056/what-to-know-about-hong-kongs-special-status-and-what-happens-if-the-u-s-removes

Prosecutors warn there is 'evidence that does not support criminal charge' in case of four cops accused of killing George Floyd as they say police can use a 'certain amount of force - but not excessive' 

I'm no lawyer but I'd imagine kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed man until he stops breathing and dies should be classed as excessive force?

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Twitter- "Mon then Trumpy."

fri2.JPG.e48478b6a599e2521d772801d9a5c9b9.JPG

Thought I'd misheard that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" when I heard it on the radio earlier.

Also, were there reports that the police station where these officers were based was burned down/set on fire.

Now know that Trump posts on here as @Bigmouth Strikes Again

Thank you

20 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Prosecutors warn there is 'evidence that does not support criminal charge' in case of four cops accused of killing George Floyd as they say police can use a 'certain amount of force - but not excessive' 

I'm no lawyer but I'd imagine kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed man until he stops breathing and dies should be classed as excessive force?

You left out ‘black’, that would change your post to read “...on the neck of a handcuffed black man...”

Apparently that has legal implications in the American justice system.

These protesters are doing it wrong. If they'd armed themselves to the teeth with assault rifles they'd be allowed to take over government buildings without resistance and be described by the president as very fine people. Unless I'm missing something else about them which sets them apart from these guys.

mich.jpg.92d0b20137b05e49bb24902f765baf59.jpg

I cant believe that they cant see the obvious issues with race in that country. Its fucking clear to anyone. As for the man who was killed, thats absolutely an unlawful killing, if that happened here it would be treated as such. There is no need for that police officer to be kneeling on that mans neck especially as he has 3 other police officers present, isnt fighting for his life and the male is being entirely compliant at that time. It doesnt matter what precedes his arrest either, as soon as that man is compliant in the prone position he must consider positional asphyxia etc and clearly he doesnt. The ‘police officer’ would get the same level of control by applying pressure to the shoulder blade. Kneeling with pressure to the neck like that is entirely unwarranted.

15 hours ago, dorlomin said:

A couple of months ago any criticism of Corbyn was being met with emotional melt downs and screams of "you want the Tories to win". 

Today it seems we once again live in a world where the obvious flaws in candidates for parties we would rather see win can be discussed. 

Nature is healing itself. ;)

Corbyn is a good person with brilliant policies. 

Biden is a mad racist who has been at the centre of every bad American policy since the 80s.

There is no comparison unless you are the Times opinion page in human form. 

Edited by Detournement

Biden cannot be the president, he doesn't know what hes talking about sometimes and isn't fit to be in such a position. If he wins the country will be being run by his advisers(sound familiar?).

Sadly, I think the yanks will re-elect Trump despite what seems to be his best efforts at throwing it away. 

10 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Biden cannot be the president, he doesn't know what hes talking about sometimes and isn't fit to be in such a position. If he wins the country will be being run by his advisers(sound familiar?).

Sadly, I think the yanks will re-elect Trump despite what seems to be his best efforts at throwing it away. 

Invested my winnings on Cummings saying "Private Matter" in his rose garden speech on this.

fri.JPG.4876bb8e2f433716322a7e1ce6803d56.JPGfri3.JPG.10dc3602a0f0e5c80269ff7681d3620a.JPG