The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump has outdone himself once again with his “badge of honour” comment.

But apparently we’re not allowed to wish death on (white western) world leaders.

I hope he croaks. Sooner the better. 

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Problem is if he dies now it gives the Republicans six months to find a credible candidate.

It’s a dilemma.

They didn't find one originally. People voted for him regardless.

What constitutes 'credible' these days?

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

They've gone through Hollywood actor and reality tv show presenter. The next choice has to be a cartoon character.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They've gone through Hollywood actor and reality tv show presenter. The next choice has to be a cartoon character.

Elmer Fud?

Edit: Black Mirror already did that, and Charlie Brooker is some kind of seer, so...

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

34 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

2020 is not 2016.  I don’t know the finer details of US politics but I know the importance of that difference.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

2020 is not 2016.  I don’t know the finer details of US politics but I know the importance of that difference.

I fucking told them you weren't ready for the home yet.

14 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I fucking told them you weren't ready for the home yet.

Let me rephrase.  In 2016 the US electorate were looking for radical change, not sure why but it was the case.  In 2016 Sanders would have been a better candidate that Clinton in that he was not an establishment candidate.

After four years of Trump a sufficient number of voters will have reconsidered their position on an anti-establishment candidate.

That doesn’t mean I think Biden is the right choice but Sanders would have faired less well this time around than he would have in 2016.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Let me rephrase.  In 2016 the US electorate were looking for radical change, not sure why but it was the case.  In 2016 Sanders would have been a better candidate that Clinton in that he was not an establishment candidate.

After four years of Trump a sufficient number of voters will have reconsidered their position on an anti-establishment candidate.

That doesn’t mean I think Biden is the right choice but Sanders would have faired less well this time around than he would have in 2016.

If there's one thing I love about you, it's your optimism.

Sanders is like one of those permacrocked players who gets better the less he plays. He couldn't motivate enough democrats to vote for him in 2016 or 2020. He'd have lost handily to Trump both times. That's why Trump would rather face him than Biden.

59 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

Sanders is like one of those permacrocked players who gets better the less he plays. He couldn't motivate enough democrats to vote for him in 2016 or 2020. He'd have lost handily to Trump both times. That's why Trump would rather face him than Biden.

Who to believe, a St Johnstone fan or a series of opinion polls then and now?  It’s a real dilemma.

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Who to believe, a St Johnstone fan or a series of opinion polls then and now?  It’s a real dilemma.

You don't have to believe me, as Sanders isn't getting the nod because he failed to get the votes again.

2 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

You don't have to believe me, as Sanders isn't getting the nod because he failed to get the votes again.

This has nothing to do with your assertion that Sanders wouldn’t have won against Trump.

You obviously aren’t even aware of what you’re posting.