The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Republican Senator being investigated over share dealings after selling off stock following briefing on COVID-19.

Oops.

https://news.sky.com/story/richard-burr-senator-quitting-as-intelligence-committee-chairman-as-fbi-seizes-phone-11988456

Russia wasn't a hoax, it's just they didn't need anyone connected to Trump to do what they were doing, helping him get elected. 
I've recently read two good reviews of a new book by Catherine Belton about how Putin and his allies effectively annexed the chaotic and crumbling Russian state and now have total influence at home and massive international ambition. Both reviews made a point of quoting sources close to the Putin administration who claim that the Russian security services were shocked to discover the widespread political corruption across Western nations, with an obvious inference for the reader.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The Republican Party were never nice people but it seems to have been emptied of anyone with a shred of common decency.  I don’t follow US politics enough to know if this was a result of the Tea Party era or something else.

The Republican establishment didn’t want Trump as their candidate, but since his election they have been cowardly and obsequious.

I’d love for him to be investigated once he’s out of office but I’d put money on Biden blocking that.  However if he is pursued once he’s kicked out I wonder how many Republicans will rally round him.

None. He's a useful idiot who'll be jettisoned in much the same way as now there are apparently no people in America who ever voted for Nixon or GWB. 

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

love for him to be investigated once he’s out of office but I’d put money on Biden blocking that.  However if he is pursued once he’s kicked out I wonder how many Republicans will rally round him

Biden won't be blocking anything since he'll never be president.

Just now, strichener said:

Biden won't be blocking anything since he'll never be president.

I find it mental anyone can say with certainty who's going to win in November. Nearly as mental as anyone who can find themselves enthusiastic to support either candidate.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I find it mental anyone can say with certainty who's going to win in November. Nearly as mental as anyone who can find themselves enthusiastic to support either candidate.

Trump will win. America hates itself and everybody else.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Even if he wins in November, he won't make it to the Whitehouse in January.

12 minutes ago, strichener said:

That's what we all thought about Obama TBF.

44 minutes ago, strichener said:

Ah, that makes more sense. I have no idea who that could be tho. The patter option is Hillary Clinton and you know she would do it.

47 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Trump will win. America hates itself and everybody else.

Voting for Joe Biden doesn't disprove your latter statement. 

42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

And Trump in my case.

Really? All the gun nuts love him.

He'd better not end up dying in the job. They'll make him God Emperor.

13 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Ah, that makes more sense. I have no idea who that could be tho. The patter option is Hillary Clinton and you know she would do it.

Apparently Joe's said that his running mate will definitely be a woman  :whistle

“When you test, you have a case. When you test you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.”

Similarly we can win that fight against tooth decay by banning dental visits.

23 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

“When you test, you have a case. When you test you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.”

Similarly we can win that fight against tooth decay by banning dental visits.

The mans a genius!

Dying? Just do away with morgues, burials and cremations. Then death won't be an issue anymore!

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think Biden might stick Kamala Harris on his ticket, she dropped out quite early and that might have been as a result of a wee nudge that she’d get the nod. Cant see Clinton taking a VP pick but stranger things have happened.

Clinton would be Trump's birthdays all coming at once. My bet is they'll get Biden to drop out due to ill health and get Harris to step up from the VP position.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Clinton would be Trump's birthdays all coming at once. My bet is they'll get Biden to drop out due to ill health and get Harris to step up from the VP position.

Clinton would be hilarious and would absolutely break the internet.

Harris looked like an establishment favourite early on until she was destroyed by Tulsi Gabbard in one of the debates. It would be classic Democrat arrogance though to  run with her anyway.

Clinton would be hilarious and would absolutely break the internet.
Harris looked like an establishment favourite early on until she was destroyed by Tulsi Gabbard in one of the debates. It would be classic Democrat arrogance though to  run with her anyway.
Can someone please tell me why a Democratic Party grandee has not taken Clinton aside, and in the manner of a boxing referee, waved their crossed their arms whilst gently but firmly telling her 'it's over, end of', as she is obviously unable to accept this by herself ?

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think Biden might stick Kamala Harris on his ticket, she dropped out quite early and that might have been as a result of a wee nudge that she’d get the nod. Cant see Clinton taking a VP pick but stranger things have happened.

She might if she thought Joe was likely to be wheeled off to a home before the end of the year...