The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Wouldn't surprise me if he's pushing the drug because he wants a quick fix, to distract from the monumental f**k ups he's made of this whole affair, rather than because he stands to make a bit of money from it. Is it not a generic drug anyway? 

I notice the supreme court refused to allow an election to be postponed or even allow more postal voting, so thousands of people are queuing up to vote today in some state that slips my mind. Literally forcing people to risk their lives if they want to vote. 

42 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he's pushing the drug because he wants a quick fix, to distract from the monumental f**k ups he's made of this whole affair, rather than because he stands to make a bit of money from it. Is it not a generic drug anyway? 

I notice the supreme court refused to allow an election to be postponed or even allow more postal voting, so thousands of people are queuing up to vote today in some state that slips my mind. Literally forcing people to risk their lives if they want to vote. 

Mentioned here..

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/05/trump-is-killing-his-own-supporters-coronavirus-covid-19

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Wisconsin. Governor (D) tried to postpone the election (Dem Primary and some state appointments) til June 9. Republicans in the WI Senate appealed, WI Supreme Court overturned him, US Supreme Court approved 5-4 with all the 'conservative' judges voting on party line, because of course they did. RBG openly fucking raging. The huge problem is so many folks have thought 'f**k that' in regards to being polling place staff (and it's not an unfair wage, you get $150-$200 for the day, in Chicago at least) there's no polling places open. Milwaukee County (popn ~1m) apparently has 5 open out of a potential 180. Waukesha, a town of 70,000 people, has one polling station open. 

Edited by carpetmonster

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

The Republicans are probably aware that Trump can, pretty much correctly, call Biden’s nomination a stitch up if they let the voting continue.

Could help Sanders with early postal ballots having more influence, Biden's been pulling ahead in the polls. The GOP want to stop a precedent for the Presidential election.

Edited by welshbairn

He wants the US to mine the moon.

"The president appeared to be confused about the composition of space, however, when he tweeted in June that Nasa “should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part).”

Stealing the moon is peak Trump and fits perfectly with Manifest Destiny and the rest of their insane national ideology.

The quote about the Moon and Mars refers to the fact the plan to travel to Mars which will never happen involves building a base on the Moon. 

The first few minutes of this are quite funny, gets more excruciating as it goes on. It's the snivelling trumpet Secretary of the Navy addressing the crew of the Covid ridden ship whose Captain got sacked for asking for help, whining that people have been nasty to him about it. He's since resigned.

https://soundcloud.com/paul-szoldra/acting-secnav-modley-criticizing-capt-crozier-to-sailors-onboard-uss-theodore-roosevelt

Edited by welshbairn

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Interesting to see what the “Bernie or Bust” mob do.

Not sure that it will be homogeneous.  There might just be enough of them to f**k Biden.

Not sure that it will be homogeneous.  There might just be enough of them to f**k Biden.

It’s a tacit pro Trump position. Do the number of Bernie Bros outweigh the Never Trumpers? Hard to say, but at least the Dems aren’t relying on a mythical youth vote.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Biden and Trump are two cheeks of the same arse.

Biden's Catholic, so that would make Trump the Rangers of this analogy?