The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

It looks like the Democratic establishment have done their job.

Can't see anything but Biden winning the nomination now.

Biden won bigger in states he was expected to do well in and Sanders has done worse in states he was expected to do well in. It also looks like Biden has come from the back of the pack in Mass to beat both Sanders and Warren. He''s also done the same in Minnesota - almost certainly picking up Klobuchar backers.

Exit polls say that almost half of undecided voters went to Biden in the last few days - Sanders picked up less than 20% of the undecided.

Looks like Warren has sunk the dagger deep in to our boy Bernie. Establishment madness to stay in the race and split the vote when it was obvious to absolutely everyone she had zero chance.

On the plus side, if it is Biden, then the debates between him and Trump will be sensational.

IMG_2390.jpg

^^^this x a billion.

Trump landslide incoming, which will suit loads of Dems who would prefer him to Bernie.

Wild that the Dem establishment suffered such a crushing defeat last time and have learned absolutely f**k all.

The dream partnership of CIA Pete and MI5 Rory strengthening the special relationship has to be sadly put on hold.

Don't think Bernie's finished yet, plenty delegates to play for and Biden's going to be on full frontal exposure till the convention, possibly for real in his case. Hopefully Warren will drop out today after coming 3rd in her own state.

I think the 'Commie' tag stuck to Sanders in the likes of Texas, and I can't see Biden being much of an opponent against Daft Donnie.

Texas includes some of the most liberal and progressive cities in the country. The “communist” pejorative is just Trump’s attempts at raising the ire of Florida and Rust Belt bigots. It’s echoed by halfwit careerist politicians, but it has no real currency.

There’s not one member of the Democratic field who wouldn’t crush Trump in a debate - it doesn’t matter much, as Clinton destroyed him in every 2016 debate.

It’s now a two horse race, probably 55/45 in Biden’s favour, purely because he has establishment backing. What’ll be interesting is whether Bernie or Bust voters stick to their guns or not.

The big advantage for Trump is that turnout will be low for Bernie supporters if Biden wins and for Biden supporters if Bernie wins. Bernie supporters not voting for Hillary probably won it for Trump last time around.

The big advantage for Trump is that turnout will be low for Bernie supporters if Biden wins and for Biden supporters if Bernie wins. Bernie supporters not voting for Hillary probably won it for Trump last time around.

Well yes, but that works both ways. Usually low turnout makes change harder, but in this case it adds to the intrigue.

Biden absolutely won’t bring out the youth vote. But, arguably, nothing does. I thought it was interesting that Biden did so well with the undecided voters.

Trump’s support comes from voters with low turn out records too... in the end it’s going to be the disaffected swing voters who decide this if it comes down to Biden vs Trump. And of course, the Bernie or Bust crowd. The progressive wing of the Democratic Party is a weird swing vote, but that’s exactly what they are; absent a third party candidate they’re swinging between Biden and abstention in that scenario.

Of course, Bernie could still stick it to the man and win the nomination.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Texas includes some of the most liberal and progressive cities in the country. The “communist” pejorative is just Trump’s attempts at raising the ire of Florida and Rust Belt bigots. It’s echoed by halfwit careerist politicians, but it has no real currency.

There’s not one member of the Democratic field who wouldn’t crush Trump in a debate - it doesn’t matter much, as Clinton destroyed him in every 2016 debate.

It’s now a two horse race, probably 55/45 in Biden’s favour, purely because he has establishment backing. What’ll be interesting is whether Bernie or Bust voters stick to their guns or not.

I have spent some considerable time working in Texas and have also worked overseas with Texans over the years, I also have a Texan son in law and as a result visited many of his family in the state, very few were Democrats, the vast majority are Republicans, consider the organisation 'Daughters of the Republic' and look at the history of the State and you have the mindset of the majority of the  people.

I've visited San Antonia a few times the home of the Alamo and the Menger Hotel where Teddy Roosevelt raised the 'Rough Riders', I mention this as it is there that you sense of how a Texan views himself as a pioneer who fought and died for the Republic of Texas, long before it became part of the United States. 

A small btw, as I have mentioned to the Alamo historical lecturers the names Crockett and Bowie are predominantly North East of Scotland names, so there is the Scottish connection with what is now considered a shrine with Texans.

Politically the last three Texas Governors since 1995 have been Republican.

Texas voted Republican in the last three Presidential elections 2008, 2012, and 2016 where the Daft Lad won.

'Progressive and Liberal Cities' ?, Austin possibly but when it comes to the ballot box............................................................................................... 

Edited by SandyCromarty