The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

In November 2017, The Federalist came under criticism from both conservatives and liberals for publishing an opinion piece by Tully Borland, Ouachita Baptist University philosopher, defending Roy Moore for dating teenagers while he was in his 30s, and arguing that such behavior was "not without some merit if one wants to raise a large family.

Until October 2017, The Federalist had a "black crime" tag, which aggregated articles related to criminal activity by black Americans.[19][20][21] Dan McLaughlin of National Review, a former Federalist contributor, said that the phrasing of the "black crime" tag was "unfortunate,"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Federalist_(website)

You have some strange reading habits. 

Mind you I assume you are more of a Inforwars\ZeroHedge type fan. 

Editor: We need another story about antisemitism on the left. How about 'Bernie is a massive antisemite' ?

Me: Erm... He's actually Jewish himself.

Editor: Doesn't matter, he could still be a massive antisemite.

Me exasperated: His relatives were literally murdered during the holocaust.

Editor: JUST WRITE THE FUCKING STORY.

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Editor: We need another story about antisemitism on the left. How about 'Bernie is a massive antisemite' ?

Me: Erm... He's actually Jewish himself.

Editor: Doesn't matter, he could still be a massive antisemite.

Me exasperated: His relatives were literally murdered during the holocaust.

Editor: JUST WRITE THE FUCKING STORY.

FFS, OK then..

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/294580/bernie-sanders-anti-semitism-manifesto

Edited by welshbairn

I can't click on that link for some reason, but what's the gist behind noted Jew Bernie Sanders being an anti-semite?
Curious if there's any more to that than, "he hangs around with the goyim too much."

It’s in the Federalist, which is increasingly unhinged.

11 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Trump: *explodes*

Trump needs to be told that the only way he'll ever get "Person of the Year" is to hold on till 2020 and then get impeached - surely no-one would be able to top that for newsworthiness next year?

9 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

If you read this and think Tories, 70-odd of whom have some kind of link with private healthcare, are not salivating at these numbers you're not paying attention.

Not sure if I've said this previously, but the total billed medical costs for me and my wife this year were $185k. Now after insurance (which she pays $200 a month for) that went down to roughly $7k, but it gives you lads a decent idea of how much you'll be looking at when the mop topped dogfucker wins tonight.

2 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Not sure if I've said this previously, but the total billed medical costs for me and my wife this year were $185k. Now after insurance (which she pays $200 a month for) that went down to roughly $7k, but it gives you lads a decent idea of how much you'll be looking at when the mop topped dogfucker wins tonight.

$32.5k for the wee one coming into the world, of which we paid $1k copay. Our insurance is $12k a year with us paying $5k and her work paying $7k. $6k deductible (excess, basically). 

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

$32.5k for the wee one coming into the world, of which we paid $1k copay. Our insurance is $12k a year with us paying $5k and her work paying $7k. $6k deductible (excess, basically). 

Tragic that I ken what all of this means now. :lol:

Aye, my wife had a wee bit hand surgery a few months back which bumped up the final tally, but f**k me it's absolutely wild.

3 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Aye, my wife had a wee bit hand surgery a few months back which bumped up the final tally, but f**k me it's absolutely wild.

The wee one having conjunctivitis for a day set us back $300 out of pocket earlier in the year. I think the full bill for the clinic visit, consultation (2 mins - 'we think it's conjunctivitis.' 'it is.') and script for eye drops was around $1400 if memory serves right. 

Edited by carpetmonster

7 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:
10 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

The wee one having conjunctivitis for a day set us back $300 out of pocket earlier in the year. I think the full bill for the clinic visit, consultation (2 mins - 'we think it's conjunctivitis.' 'it is.') and script for eye drops was around $1400 if memory serves right. 

I still don't fully get how this whole thing works. We had fun at the start of the year when the missus had to get surgery and because we were at the start of the year and couldn't possibly have met our deductible, the hospital charged us $1,400 up front. And we didn't find out until the day of the surgery. The whole system is fucked up and there's no real incentive for anyone to get well. Everything is billable and focused on profit so rather than the NHS wanting you out of a bed in a ward and home, why wouldn't a hospital in the US not recommend staying another night at another few thousand dollars a pop? I'm suspicious of everyone involved in the medical profession, which is a really counter-intuative way to think.

1 minute ago, MSU said:

I still don't fully get how this whole thing works. We had fun at the start of the year when the missus had to get surgery and because we were at the start of the year and couldn't possibly have met our deductible, the hospital charged us $1,400 up front. And we didn't find out until the day of the surgery. The whole system is fucked up and there's no real incentive for anyone to get well. Everything is billable and focused on profit so rather than the NHS wanting you out of a bed in a ward and home, why wouldn't a hospital in the US not recommend staying another night at another few thousand dollars a pop? I'm suspicious of everyone involved in the medical profession, which is a really counter-intuative way to think.

It's basically a cartel. We worked that out when we found out the c-section rate in Miami was 64% of live births. Was very apparent that our quack hadn't bothered his arse reading the birthing plan he urged us to give him, and wanted her cut because it's another procedure that can be charged for. OR trolley appeared outside the room for no good reason. If we hadn't had a doula (god bless her; an angel in 4ft tall Jewish lady form) I'm convinced he'd have gotten his way and my wife would have had a C-section despite being vehemently against it. Totally wanted a natural birth; didn't even have anaesthesia, the mentalist. She got it, but not without a fight. If you ever see Dr Jose Bendayan at Mt Sinai Hospital, Miami Beach, please punch him in the face very hard on our behalf. 

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

It's basically a cartel. We worked that out when we found out the c-section rate in Miami was 64% of live births. Was very apparent that our quack hadn't bothered his arse reading the birthing plan he urged us to give him, and wanted her cut because it's another procedure that can be charged for. OR trolley appeared outside the room for no good reason. If we hadn't had a doula (god bless her; an angel in 4ft tall Jewish lady form) I'm convinced he'd have gotten his way and my wife would have had a C-section despite being vehemently against it. Totally wanted a natural birth; didn't even have anaesthesia, the mentalist. She got it, but not without a fight. If you ever see Dr Jose Bendayan at Mt Sinai Hospital, Miami Beach, please punch him in the face very hard on our behalf. 

Sadly, not this first time I've heard about this sort of pish.

Cartel is absolutely the right word. One of the bills had "anesthetist - $1400", then under it "anesthetist - $1400". Wee mistake? Nah, one was for the anesthetist, and one for his assistant. Was there an assistant? f**k KNOWS, SHE WAS KNOCKED OUT. An absolute scam, man. :lol:

Edited by JamieThomas