The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

On 19/09/2019 at 16:31, Granny Danger said:

Every person who bought jam prior to 2001 was a racist.  Even if it wasn’t Robertson’s jam.

People who bought marmalade were racist too, and homophobic.

And OFTW...

Trump has filed a lawsuit against the new york prosecutors that have suponead him for his tax returns.

Im assuming nuking Iran ( or california)  will be the next step to take the heat off

He said in an interview with NBC (?) a few months back he'd release a "tremendous" financial statement when he was asked about tax returns. Seems to still do whatever he can to prevent their release. Almost like he's a hypocritical liar...

ETA: I assume everyone has seen Guliani make an arse of himself again?

I was pretty shocked by the amount of homeless folk in Phoenix when I was there last year. Several fast food joints had wee homeless camps in their car parks, as it's an easy place to get state-mandated free drinking water, and most busy intersections had people panhandling at red lights. Totally different to the turn of the century.

Relevant, as several folk said they rode the rails down from California, as the homeless problem was so bad there that there just weren't enough scraps to go around.

Also shocked by anyone claiming blackface wasn't a big deal until recently. The black and white minstrels got turfed off the TV when I was a wean because it had become too controversial. That's forty years ago. For my entire lifespan, anyone putting on blackface would have been considered an edgelord at the most charitable.

Surely to f**k the Canadians weren't still blacking up for shits & giggles when the Twin Towers were coming down.

Was in Anaheim 2 weeks ago and the homeless problem is so profound. People walking around in mental health crisis, was heartbreaking to see. They countered a news story about the LA mayor making rough sleeping illegal with a story of a new shelter to house 30/40 people. Maths of it didnt exactly add up but not one reporter seemingly wanted to ask about the thousands more not housed..

41 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Pacifist Don is deploying US Troops to guard Saudi Aramco facilities in the Kingdom. Not hard to see what his motivation is there.

To show that the multiple billions the Saudis have spent on British and American arms are only good for attacking Yemeni villages and are useless for defending their vital assets against "homemade" drones and cruise missiles? Have some American teenagers on the ground so they don't cancel their next orders and Iran might tell their boys in Iraq and Yemen to hold back for a bit? Preferably till after the next election?

Edited by welshbairn

On 19/09/2019 at 16:15, WATTOO said:

Who decided this about "black face" as you put it ??, it's only someone in that last decade or so that's decided that it's socially unacceptable. As an example, If I was in a school play and had "blacked up" in order to play a more authentic role, then I don't think in any way whatsoever could this be seen as racist or "ridiculing black people", however certain people appear to enjoy making mischief and as such are on a witch hunt to accuse everyone and anyone of being racist, bigoted, homophobic, etc etc.

Sometimes there's no "hidden meaning" with things, sometimes people can do and say things in complete innocence / ignorance as opposed to being a wanton racist etc.

Please note, I'm not referring to the the trudeau situation specifically, but more the general perception in today's society.

The point is, where do we draw the line ?

Should we be going after the Robertson family for having a golliwog on their jam jars ? 

What about the people who bought the Jam up until 2001, should they be vilified and treated as racists ??

As I say, where do we draw the line ??

Fucking hell.

Maybe "Draw the line" at not ridiculing black people based on racial stereotypes? 

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Fucking hell.

Maybe "Draw the line" at not ridiculing black people based on racial stereotypes? 

I bet you're great fun on a night out.............

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I bet you're great fun on a night out.............

wtf 😂

Not being racist = boring on a night out 😂

You strike me as the sort of perma-loser who complains about not being able to use the word "paki" nowadays and writes to the Beeb to complain about womens' sports being televised.

55 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

wtf 😂

Not being racist = boring on a night out 😂

You strike me as the sort of perma-loser who complains about not being able to use the word "paki" nowadays and writes to the Beeb to complain about womens' sports being televised.

You strike me as the type who doesn't actually have any mates and doesn't go on any nights out.

Still, at least you've got your morals and principles to snuggle up to on a cold winters night.................